Can-Am ATV Forum banner

221 - 240 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
All I can say is that it must have been a cold day in hell yesterday, because MoparToYou bought a Ford Superduty as his new tow vehicle. 480 HP and 935 lbs. ft. Oh baby! Now I just need to figure out how to change my user name. :|

I hear ya...Strongly considering trading my 09 ram 1500 for an 18/19 F250. I've had 2 rams and love them but when it comes to the heavy duty trucks I gotta say Ford has a nice looking rig since 2018. Especially if you get the sport package get rid of all that chrome. How's the ride on the 350? Like a dump truck like everyone says? Coming RAM's sweet coil suspension it's going to be hard to drive anything with hoppy leaf springs:eek

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jealous of you guys. We don’t have a lot of pick ups here in the UK.

I use a ford transit. In fact mine is due for replacement. I wanted the 3.5 eco boost like you guys get but the guy from ford say no .

2.0 is the biggest available! Crap eh?
You are looking in the wrong places ;) Here in Europe we have 2 official RAM importers/dealers.

https://aeceurope.com/en/

https://www.agtauto.com/sv/

And up here in Sweden we don't have a problem at al finding full size pickups ;)

Here is the toy haulers I'v had the last years here in Sweden :th_smiliewavey:

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts

Borrowed my step-dads old landscape trailer a couple weeks ago to transport our bike to their house for storage for a couple weeks. Tow rig is a 2013 F150 Supercrew with the 3.5 Ecoboost. Trailer is like a 30 year old all steel landscape trailer. Thing hardly knew the bike was on it lol.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Streamlined the rear lights....um, oops.

I knew those flimsy metal "guards" weren't going to cut it off road.

Added rear red led running lights/reflectors and a light bar for now...it does tail, brake, turns and hazards, and reverse lights.

SOLID steel guards, new tails and a proper hinged license plate mount with light are projects for another day...fuzzy antler time this weekend!
No more tinkering its time to get er done.

Adding reflectors to the tailgate now.

20190814_205019.jpg
20190814_180535.jpg
20190814_205214.jpg

·
Registered
608 Posts
View attachment 95462 View attachment 95463

Borrowed my step-dads old landscape trailer a couple weeks ago to transport our bike to their house for storage for a couple weeks. Tow rig is a 2013 F150 Supercrew with the 3.5 Ecoboost. Trailer is like a 30 year old all steel landscape trailer. Thing hardly knew the bike was on it lol.
We have a trailer like that, my dad and my brother built it out of an old boat trailer years ago.

The thing is a beast of a trailer! Must weigh 5 tons. The tailgate alone is heavier than my quad hauler haha

I'll have to get a pic of it next time I'm over at my brothers place.

Thanks for the flashback memories ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is actually Mama's rig but I take it from time to time 😉. It's a 2012 GMC 2500. Trailer is an 2019 Aluma A8818. And that's my new wheeler 😃.

My truck is a 2005 Ram 3500. That's my pride and joy!!!!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Taking the enclosed this weekend, will post pics. Just installed a transition flap from ramp to trailer bed. Need to get one from ground to trailer ramp still.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Nice!
Wow

Trailer envy for sure but for what I do my little dk2 trailer works great offroad. My camps are pretty backcountry.

Was gifted a 2nd led under tailgate bar so installed that & new tails all with reverse.

Grabbed a "rv" plug, swapped out the old 7pin that didnt have reverse and ran a reverse wire...

Moved the license plate to the middle for now until I get a hinged mount & light and going to apply a reflective sticker strip across the bottom back instead of reflectors but for now...

20200125_192636.jpg

That'll help light up the deep woods when the truck goes in reverse.

221 - 240 of 242 Posts