Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Admin
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
2,061 Posts
Welcome to the site!
You are not the only one with this issue. there are other threads on looking for Traxter pistons. There are options available.

·
Admin
2,061 Posts
Hi, thank you. I'm trying to navigate the site now to find any threads that may point me in the right direction. I'd hate to part out the machine, I'd much rather get it running and use it on my property

·
Admin
2,061 Posts
Here is a recent thread

·
Admin
2,061 Posts
I've found other 89mm pistons for other makes and models, but that's all I know about the other pistons... I don't know if the pin hight/stroke would be too low or too high, or if the pins would be the same size for the rod. I'm assuming it has to be possible to use a different available piston, like how when people turn their motors on their vehicles into stroker motors... I just can't find any helpful information on this motor for the traxter. I can't even find if I'd be able to bore the cylinder from 89mm to 99mm without making the cylinder too thin and be able to use a piston from a 05, because I found a site that sells new pistons for the 05 traxter, but like I said, mine being a 00 takes a 89mm
boring out .030 or .040 maybe a bit extreme, but 10mm.. no way.

·
Admin
2,061 Posts
Worth a shot i guess. If I still had access to a mill and a lathe, I could just make one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts