Can-Am ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only thing i hate about our atv's is the price of the plastics ( body parts ). They are so expensive to purchase new which makes it hard to be creative or to have a renovation every now and then. To purchse a complete camo set will cost over 3000 euros.

I got bored of the cherry red of my 800r Ltd.. I always wanted painted green , so if i cannot afort to buy them i will sent them for a paint Job.

Now the tricky question .. Ltd's have painted parts ... to repaint them is it just fine sant paper the paint and re-spray ? or do i need to reaply plastic undercoat again ?

Should i expect it to last for ever like factory paint ?

·
Registered
534 Posts
The only thing i hate about our atv's is the price of the plastics ( body parts ). They are so expensive to purchase new which makes it hard to be creative or to have a renovation every now and then. To purchse a complete camo set will cost over 3000 euros.

I got bored of the cherry red of my 800r Ltd.. I always wanted painted green , so if i cannot afort to buy them i will sent them for a paint Job.

Now the tricky question .. Ltd's have painted parts ... to repaint them is it just fine sant paper the paint and re-spray ? or do i need to reaply plastic undercoat again ?

Should i expect it to last for ever like factory paint ?
3000 euros? That can't be right! My dealer told me I could swap all the plastics for around 1000 euros(from yellow to black).

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only thing i hate about our atv's is the price of the plastics ( body parts ). They are so ?
3000 euros? That can't be right! My dealer told me I could swap all the plastics for around 1000 euros(from yellow to black).
Well he must be calculating wrong because rear and front fender are exeeting 1000 euros ,, i tryed it with diferent EU and US oem dealers ...
then you have central panel kit 200+ front facia 200+ side panels LR 300+
+ stickers decals + shipping + 15% vat if you r importing from US.

A paint job will cost a fraction of the cost ...

·
Registered
202 Posts
to swap COMPLETE without any stickers.. is over $1100 USD

i wish you were closer i have a green set and would love to have yours...lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
I figured this up the other day when someone asked this question on another forum, the camo parts are more than two or three times these prices:

Here is what I came up with. I think it should be everything but I am new around here so I may have missed something. All the part's listed are from Babbitt's and in US dollars. They are all in Viper red, the yellow appeared to be a few dollars cheaper, and the camo......well let's just say if you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Item - Part # - Price

Dash Pod - 705001314 - $19.26
LH.PANEL - 705001315 - $19.26
RH.PANEL - 705001316 - $19.26
FRONT FACIA - 705001313 - $44.68
Front Fender Kit- 715000809 - $434.59
Rear Fender Kit- 715000819 - $450.99
Central Panel Kit- 715000824 - $49.19

Total - $1037.23 + shipping

·
Registered
746 Posts
I figured this up the other day when someone asked this question on another forum, the camo parts are more than two or three times these prices:

Here is what I came up with. I think it should be everything but I am new around here so I may have missed something. All the part's listed are from Babbitt's and in US dollars. They are all in Viper red, the yellow appeared to be a few dollars cheaper, and the camo......well let's just say if you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Item - Part # - Price

Dash Pod - 705001314 - $19.26
LH.PANEL - 705001315 - $19.26
RH.PANEL - 705001316 - $19.26
FRONT FACIA - 705001313 - $44.68
Front Fender Kit- 715000809 - $434.59
Rear Fender Kit- 715000819 - $450.99
Central Panel Kit- 715000824 - $49.19

Total - $1037.23 + shipping
Great job! :th_smiliethumbsup:

·
Registered
186 Posts
I was thinking about painting the central panel a matte black kinda like the ltd's I know to use adhesion promoter on plastic, been around automotive paint, just didn't know if I would like it and regret changing it.

to the original question yes you should just be able to scuff the paint with a scotch bright pad, spray the adhesion promoter, the paint, and use a flex agent in your clear coat, other wise the clear will crack on the flexible plastic. the life of the paint all depends on the quality of paint and the quality of application, whether factory or aftermarket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.