Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Outlander 1000 XT-P I'm installing a Pro Mount plow on.

My dealer supplied me with this part : 715006360
I can't find much information on this at all but this Canadian BRP page does mention it will fit the G2

The part I keep seeing is: 715004338

Anyone have any insights into what's going on with this? I've read over and over that this install is a major PITA so I want to be extra sure I got the right stuff before diving in.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had the same question a few days ago and reached out to BRP for a response. Here's what I posted in another discussion:

I contacted Can-Am/BRP customer service and was told the customer service representatives are a call answering service with no product specific information. The customer service rep provided me with a number to BRP. The person at the BRP number confirmed the parts are the same, with the 715006360 being the newer part number. It sounds like all they did is expand the years (2020 & 2021) in their description for vehicles it's compatible with. Not sure why that would require a different part number? On a funny note, the BRP rep went on to say I could Google "Can-Am/BRP instructions" for a very detailed set of directions for installation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the same question a few days ago and reached out to BRP for a response. Here's what I posted in another discussion:

I contacted Can-Am/BRP customer service and was told the customer service representatives are a call answering service with no product specific information. The customer service rep provided me with a number to BRP. The person at the BRP number confirmed the parts are the same, with the 715006360 being the newer part number. It sounds like all they did is expand the years (2020 & 2021) in their description for vehicles it's compatible with. Not sure why that would require a different part number? On a funny note, the BRP rep went on to say I could Google "Can-Am/BRP instructions" for a very detailed set of directions for installation.
THANK YOU!!! Any tips for the install 😁

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have yet to install mine as it's still in the box. From everything I read about installing this plate it looks like it's going to be a pain. I also have Iron Baltic plastic skid plates installed so I need to figure out how the Can-Am bracket will adapt to the Iron Baltic plates.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I finally got my plow installed. It took the better part of a day to install. I have 10mm thick (actually closer to 11mm) Iron Baltic plastic skid plates on mine so that really slowed me up trying to figure out how to mount the plow mounting plate with the skid plates. Because Can-Am plastic skid plates are 6mm thick I had to recalculate the washer stack height which resulted in buying $25 worth of longer fasteners. While not a difficult job, it was time consuming. I would recommend you download the Can-Am instructions and study them carefully before starting. The instructions, while vague at times, do provide a good overview of the install. Here's a couple pics of my install. Definitely take off the front left wheel, if not both. I also had to adjust the bar shown in the last pic in order for it to latch correctly to the mounting plate.

Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle saddle
Grey Space
Black Grey Black-and-white Silver
Iron Grey Metal Black-and-white Steel
Space Circle Silver
Auto part Synthetic rubber Suspension part Nut Tread
Machine Synthetic rubber Tread Shadow

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good evening Gents. I have a 2021 XT 650 Max and I have the same plow mount 715006360 but I can't find the template for cutting the plastic skid plate or the install instructions on the BRP instructions website. Anyone know where I can find them?

·
Registered
2021 Outlander 850 max XT-P
413 Posts
I believe it depends on the style A-arm guard. Im trying to figure out how to post the link.

Type in your part number and it should give you a link to the templates. If it doesn't let us know and I'll try to download and link.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I finally found the instructions and template. It appears they remove the plastic skid plate before installing the plow mount. Makes sense to me but then why do I have to drill holes in the skid plate?
Product Font Machine Auto part Automotive exterior

These holes in the above diagram don't correspond to the holes in the template?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good evening Gents. I have a 2021 XT 650 Max and I have the same plow mount 715006360 but I can't find the template for cutting the plastic skid plate or the install instructions on the BRP instructions website. Anyone know where I can find them?
I found the issue. Once I replaced the three letter O's in your part number with zeros the instructions popped up on the BRP instruction site.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I finally found the instructions and template. It appears they remove the plastic skid plate before installing the plow mount. Makes sense to me but then why do I have to drill holes in the skid plate? View attachment 104554

I have Iron Baltic plastic skid plates installed on my Outlander. I drilled the holes in the Iron Baltic skid plate per the template. I was able to install the ProMount plate on top of the Iron Baltic skid plate. I'm assuming they want you to drill holes in the stock skid plate and re-install, but I may be wrong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have Iron Baltic plastic skid plates installed on my Outlander. I drilled the holes in the Iron Baltic skid plate per the template. I was able to install the ProMount plate on top of the Iron Baltic skid plate. I'm assuming they want you to drill holes in the stock skid plate and re-install, but I may be wrong.
Thanks. I think I will try removing my stock skid plate and installing the plow mount and then putting the skid plate back on. Maybe the holes in the template are because of the bolt heads would push the skidplate out too much?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
the mount goes over the skid plate just installed mine 2 weeks ago... had no problem finding the proper directions on the BRP site using the part numbers on the box.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I finally found the instructions and template. It appears they remove the plastic skid plate before installing the plow mount. Makes sense to me but then why do I have to drill holes in the skid plate? View attachment 104554

Just a question, to me this design would make it hard to get at the front diff. drain plug.

·
Registered
2021 Outlander 850 max XT-P
413 Posts
Since the conversation is already going I have another question. The instructions show a square spacer of sorts that adjusts the angle of the blade. This kit didn't come with that. It came with a round PACMAN looking thing. Do you know what this thing is or where it goes?
Eye Grey Automotive tire Font Circle

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
its the spacer that fits on the blade in between the 2 support structures of the blade. You sorta have to tap it into place and wiggle it around to get things to line up. Then bolt your blade to push frame

1 - 20 of 23 Posts