Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen new video from ATV Rider of the new 1000 Polaris XP. Polaris just doesn't want to be number one, they want to stomp and crush the competition in all their ATVs and SxS. The new 1000 has more HP, Torque and their claim, most comfortable riding ATV. I hope the good people at BRP are paying close attention and have some sort of plan. BRP its wake up time.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Wow, thats hard, Maverick Heads, cams, pistons, and Bingo you have 100 HP on parts that are all laying in their parts bin!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Its the fastest accelerating atv in the utility market, And the sport 4x4, the scrambler is at the top of that food chain. I don't want one, But I don't enjoy the thought of looking at popo tail lights either, BRP still claims dominance in these markets and it simply isn't true. Not to mention the sxs market. How they respond is going to be interesting.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Do you have a link to the video as I cant find it? Yea Brp better step it up..

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Most comfortable riding ATV
is great for your grandpa. I need the most race like trail quad with 4 way shocks and enough plastic to keep the mud/snow of you. You have to buy for the way you ride. My 70 year old dad is fine on the stock Polaris 850 I got him to upgrade his 700. :)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
I have a thread going now about the FEEL of the bikes in comparison. In my opinion, despite the better numbers on paper, the Polaris doesn't feel nearly as powerful as the canams.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I'm sure Polaris Specifically made their big bores Lazy so there are less people getting hurt on them and filing lawsuits......

·
Registered
16 Posts
We knew it was only a matter of time I must say tho the 800 ren has tons of power! I mean how fast can you really go on a twisting winding logging road..

·
Registered
567 Posts
Well If it matters any I drove both and the Can Am has more front end torque after riding both I put money down on a Renegade 1000 XXC should be here in about a month

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
You have to love the HP. war between Polaris and Can Am . That said I'm a Can Am guy but I like the simmer center less heat on the Polaris but their sit junk.

·
Registered
567 Posts
You have to love the HP. war between Polaris and Can Am . That said I'm a Can Am guy but I like the simmer center less heat on the Polaris but their sit junk.
Both machines are at the top of their game, and it just comes down to riding styles, It would be fun to have both. for whatever your mood was for that particular day.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Both machines are at the top of their game, and it just comes down to riding styles, It would be fun to have both. for whatever your mood was for that particular day.
My mood is rarely grampa-mode, so the Polaris would be 5 years old in my Garage with zero miles on it. It might have a few miles on it retrieving my Renegade when I break it…..:th_smiliethumbsup:

·
Registered
567 Posts
:th_smiliefrustrated
My mood is rarely grampa-mode, so the Polaris would be 5 years old in my Garage with zero miles on it. It might have a few miles on it retrieving my Renegade when I break it…..:th_smiliethumbsup:
Well Deadman I don't know how old you are but I'm probably what you would call a Grandpa no grandkids but by age 55 Yesterday I'm there so the Scrambler 1000 XP does have some appeal. Yep in Dog years I would be dead:th_smiliefrustrated still put the order in for the Renegade though, but as I said having both would be fun.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Well Deadman I don't know how old you are but I'm probably what you would call a Grandpa no grandkids but by age 55 Yesterday I'm there so the Scrambler 1000 XP does have some appeal. Yep in Dog years I would be dead:th_smiliefrustrated still put the order in for the Renegade though, but as I said having both would be fun.
I'm 35! :)

·
Registered
567 Posts
I'm 35! :)
young wipper, snapper.........LOL:th_smiliebanana2:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Keep the hp wars coming. When the time comes to get the next bike I will get to reap the rewards. I think it was dirt wheels that did the review of the 2 1000s and said the canam was better for sporty riding or pushing the limits and the popo was better for leisure trail riding. I didn't get a 1000 so I could leisure trail ride.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have a buddy that always says " It's not about the speed anymore, It's all about the wilderness"

I say he's too cheap to buy a new machine.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts