Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Sportsman® ACE is Confidence-Inspiring and Fun to Ride

Minneapolis, January 22, 2014- Polaris® Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII), the leading manufacturer of off-road vehicles, today announced the company is defining an entirely-new type of off-road vehicle with the introduction of the Sportsman® ACE. The vehicle’s architecture is completely new to the industry and features a revolutionary, sit-in chassis that is nimble and comfortable to operate. The design of the new Sportsman ACE provides a confidence-inspired ride, all while being trail-capable, offering an all-new off-road experience.

“The introduction of the Sportsman ACE is part of our strategy to remain the leader in the powersports marketplace by introducing innovative products that define their categories,” said David Longren, vice president of Polaris’ Off-Road Division. “In creating the Sportsman ACE, we wanted to not only appeal to current off-road enthusiasts, but develop a vehicle that brings new customers to off-road recreation. We accomplished this by coupling an easy-to-use, nimble platform with a confident and secure ride that, together, provides drivers of all experience levels a new way to experience the outdoors.”

The revolutionary, new design combines the size and nimble handling of the Sportsman All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV), and the confidence and comfort of the RANGER and RZR side-by-sides, in a rider-centric design with a trail-capable and easily-transportable 48 in/121.9 cm width. A comfortable and confidence-inspiring centralized seating position connects the driver directly with the machine for a new off-road riding experience. To ensure a low center of gravity, Polaris positioned all the major components, including the driver, centralized between the four wheels for an incredibly responsive ride. Along with this low center of gravity, the Sportsman ACE boasts 10.25 in/26.04 cm of ground clearance and 9.5 in/24.1 cm of rear travel due to its fully independent rear suspension (IRS) outfitted with performance, twin tube shocks featuring adjustable preload. Seasoned riders will appreciate the overall vehicle performance, handling and smooth riding suspension, while novice riders will enjoy the secure riding position and the right amount of power to get them down the trail.

More photos and information can be found at ACEforums.net

·
Registered
304 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Seems like a death trap! What happens when you flip this thing trying to climb a hill!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Polaris sucks!!! Im not just saying that, Ive owned one that was a lemon, and they didnt do a darn thing to help me. so im kinda ticked when it comes to them, and will own another one of there products.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Seems like a death trap! What happens when you flip this thing trying to climb a hill!
The same thing that happens when you flip a rzr. If you're buckled in you should be relatively safe.

2013 Can-Am Outlander XT 1000

28" Mega Mayhems
Dalton Clutch Kit

·
Registered
60 Posts
Twice the weight and half the HP of a quad

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
so its a 4wheeler with a cage mmmm i guess im putting a cage on the outty!!!
More like a sxs with 1 seat. Like the concept but in its infancy. I can see these having 60 plus hp in a few years and being very popular. Looks like it would be fun to drive as is.

·
Registered
665 Posts
32hp???? doesnt sound like that much fun,they should make a single seater for gncc or baja with some good hp and a awesome cage then maybe,looks like its geared towards kids more than adults!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
It's a start people,,, great inovation,,, like a go-cart on steroids!!! I bet this evolves with a lot of vendors.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
It's a modern day version of the Honda Odyssey. I think they may sell a few. May be great for rental companies or people with dissabilities. Either way Polaris is pushing the envelope in the UTV segment and all that can mean is better products for eveyone.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Well not a bad ideal, but here in Ontario it would be classed under bill 316 illegal. It must have handle bars to legal to qualify as an ATV. So no riding on any club trails or the side of the roads. I wonder if Polaris will help now to have the laws change here in Ontario. These companies like Polaris, BRP that build these quads including SxS , 2-ups should stand up behind thier product and help ATV clubs, but what all you get is silence.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Pretty cool rebirth of the honda odyssey. I agree, needs more oomph and maybe a little longer wheelbase. This packed with either a 850/900/1000 would be a sick ride.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I think it looks ridiculous. Looks like a toy...My daughter had a go-cart that looked like that a few years ago.

Reactions: hedge

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think it has potential............one of the great challenges with the sport of ATVing is the perceived safety of riding an ATV. Of course you can argue either side of that all day long, I am not here to debate that? However roll over protection and a seat belt that keeps you "in" may be perceived as a positive by some? :smilietwocents:

And yes lets right out of the gate stick a 100hp 1000cc power-plant in it? As ChoPppps already said, it is a start folks, relax!

·
Registered
822 Posts
I think its a great idea. It would be good for those a little uncomfortable on conventional machines. Buying one for my wife comes to mind!!!!!!!!!!!
Gotta give it up to Polaris!

·
Registered
98 Posts
It would really be good for someone that's paralized from the waist down. Put in some hand controls. And they have a less chance of getting tossed around.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts