Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Well Then.... How about that! The PO-PO taking responsibility for it's engineering. Hate to see any manufacture take a hit like this and definitely in our Hobby but in this case they'll come back even stronger for taking responsibility and fixing their safety issues.

We have made huge dents in our 2017 Outty XMR 1000R heating issues by doing the most minimal changes to the factory set-up without all the band-aids a lot of folks have been throwing around here. I imagine BRP will follow suit after this makes the main stream and gets attention from the right folks. I do wish more folks understood throwing money at the heating issues we have is not the answer but most do not listen and or understand the facts. BRP built and amazing product but the R&D/Engineering suffers from the lack of Knowledge riding in every climate brings and the simple dynamics of how a cooling system works and what it needs to operate under these types of heat.

Neither BRP or Polaris will be adding Aftermarket parts to these machines to cool them down but rather modifying the current set-ups to manage the heat more efficiently. We already have the one up on BRP here at ARMUSVETS and have begun the modifications to actually manage the stock heat with the factory Lean so to ensure all riders can afford to ride safely without breaking the bank. This is the most important Fabrication/modification the 1000 and 1000R's need, a stock issue fix because once the stock issues are gone any and all modifications will only continue to enhance the machines performance/durability/reliability under all conditions. SALUTE!

Please do not take my comments about BRP to be that they have no riding knowledge or understanding of cooling but rather they have allowed simple issues to become huge problems. It's only my opinion but it would appear they have degree's overriding user knowledge in this area, case in part: The Outlander XMR 1000R with Radiator Relocate being put over a hood without (clearancing/cutting a hole) in the hood for the fan to pull cool air and force heat down and away from the radiator itself, not to mention the rider........ This hole also aids in forward momentum air flow allowing free flowing air to simply cool the radiator without having the factory air damn effect they created for air to fight or force its way out and around those tiny opening they designed only to be recirculated back through because it's going around the relocate and back up instead of down and through the ATV which creates moving air in the engine compartment thus helping cool things there as well. IMO but also proven to be fact on ours.

·
Registered
178 Posts
So they paid $132 million in warranty claims last year. it would be interesting to know how much they lost in sales because of the quality concerns, because I'll bet it was far more than $132 Million. I know that I just purchased a new ATV, and it wasn't a Polaris. My decision came down to either a Polaris Sportsman 1000, or a Can Am Outlander 1000. I had owned both a Polaris General and a Polaris Rzr XPT last year, and they were both plagued with recalls. I had gotten real tired of Polaris "stop ride orders" telling me I couldn't ride my machine until they figured out a way to fix it. That definitely played a roll in what I am riding now. Last year I sold the General and the Rzr XPT, for a Maverick X3 XRS, and the ATV I just bought was the Outlander 1000, not the Sportsman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts