Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there polyurethane mounts available? If not I hear of people making them, if this is true, does anyone know a write up or have a write up on how to make them and where the supplies came from?

I know it's a big talk about solid motor mounts and how they help solidify your drivetrain. My concern is only the extra stress it will create on other parts of the machine. Like brackets, exhaust etc.. I don't drag race much, I do ride hard through the woods and hit mud holes hard when they come in the path. I thought a good set of polyurethane would be a decent happy medium.

Thanks, clint

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had solids on my mud bike (Renegade 1000 with 6" lift) and got a decent amount of vibration in the foot pegs and bars. It wasn't a huge deal because you rarely rode for long periods of time, but now that I'm looking to build a woods bike I think it would get annoying.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i have soild ones too and ya they do make quite abit of extra vibration ... i trail ride and its noticeable but im use to it now... figured i would take a little bit of extra vibration over replacing a diff lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts