Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello y'all! My name is Eric and I am looking to buy a can am here In the near future. This will be my first can am but I have had just about every other make there is. I grew up riding Hondas, all the way from a z50 to 250r three wheelers and then some! Lol! I currently have a Polaris ranger we use on our farm and we take with us when we mud race. I build mega trucks for my hobby and we have about 6 trucks we race/bog out of our shop. We specialize in 2.5 ton Rockwell axle trucks. We go all over nc racing and we also go to Florida for the big races.

I am looking at the xmr series of can ams. I really like the xmr650, and the 1000, but I also like the maverick xmr. I just can't really decide? That's why i am here to read up and learn about the can ams. I have seen a lot of the outlanders In action in Florida and they seem to be very powerful, which I am a power junkie! I mud race but I don't really mud ride, I mainly want an xmr to cruise around the mud races and haul tools, we do plan on taking it to some larger events in Florida, like red neck yacht club, and some parks in Georgia. We race in a lot of the trucks gone wild events and are n several of their videos.

Anyway sorry to be so long winded! Looking forward to learning the can ams and maybe even meeting some of y'all on here, we do plan on going to Busco beach in nc to ride and probably do some trails in uwharrie, as we used to take our jeeps there.

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Welcome to the site Eric. I am sure which ever Can am you decide on will be cool.

·
Registered
465 Posts
welcome, and let me tell you the 1000 outlander is build for us power junkies:th_smiliethumbsup:

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Welcome aboard! Look forward to seeing and riding with you at busco sometime. I would stick with either the XMR 1000 or the Maverick XMR for places like Busco.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have found a maverick xmr for $19,500 out the door and I'm seriously considering it. There is still something I like about the 650xmr though. I use to ride a rancher 350es and I could go anywhere I wanted here in the creeks near my house. It was light and easily handled through the tight trails at home. So many options! Lol!

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
If you haven't already, check out the 2015 line up. Lots of changes to the XMR's. They even brought back the 800 on a short wheelbase. From the pics I've seen, it looks like you sacrifice some rear rack space for it tho.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Welcome.
If you are a power junkie i would go with the 1000xmr, I thought mine was a beast until i recently clutched it. My buddie has a renegade 1000 xxc that i ride with frequently, he used to smoke me in a drag until now. I get him about a half a lenght until the speed limiter comes on. There is also the 800xmr on its way as well on a 1-up platform.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have a 650xmr. If you're a power junkie and wanna spin the big tires in deep mud do the 1000. The 650 has a bunch of power but the 28" zillias just soak it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts