Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this is my first post and first Can-am, so I thought I would gain some BRP knowledge from you guys. I have a 06 Prairie 700 with 26x12x12 and 26x10x12 tires on the stock Kawie wheels. I wanted to see what they looked like on my Outlander. I think the rears added 8 inches of width and not sure if I like it. So, it's either out the Kawie wheels/tires on or I wanted to see if the same size tires will fit on the stock Outlander rims and add some spacers. So I thought I would get some thoughts and opinions from you guys. Thanks, Jess

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was what I was thinking too. Looks like it's going to be factory wheels with at least a 1" spacer. Well it was worth a shot!

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,522 Posts
Welcome to the site, Jess.

It's obvious your Prairie is a SRA (solid rear axle), as the rims offset sticks 'em way out on the IRS outty. That's a common thing.

You could absolutely run those same size tires on your stock outty rims, and then the prairie isn't stuck on jack stands, lol.

Me? I'd be tempted to put some fender flares on, and some wheel spacers on the front, to more balance out the rear width. That thing oughta be crazy stable, all wide like that :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about that as well, but with the prairie wheels on, it's 54" wide in the rear. I think it looks like a roller skate or those guys those guys that put -76 offset wheels on their trucks and think it looks cool.:ROFLMAO:
So, I will probably use my stock Outty rims for now with some 1" spacers for added stability.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts