Can-Am ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Praise to Can Am, But Dissapointed

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  coldsmoke71 
#1 ·
OK, I have had four Renegades. Not once did any of them give me a bit of trouble. I take care of my rides, most likley overkill on the clean, lube and grease thing. Me and my boys beat the living snot out of them. Not once did we ever break anything, and lord knows we tried. With that being said, I want to replace my three gades. I have a 2012 1000, a 2012 800 XXC, and a 2009 800. What Can Am has failed to do was to give me a reason to buy. Plain and simple, Still selling the same old machines. Hey Can Am, want my 45K, give me a reason to buy, otherwise, its three Polaris 1K Scramblers. And I have nothing but respect for the Polaris Scramblers. I have had some seat time and they are more than capable. I am not brand loyal.

#2 ·
Good luck with them. As long as your getting out it's all good.

#3 ·
Your looking for 1 reason to buy Can am again. If you decide to go by Polaris, then you will have 4 reasons to sell. But if that's what you want, no one's gonna stop you.

I really don't understand what you want from Can Am other then a deal when buying 4 newer machines. You said it yourself "you haven't had any issues with them". Why sell? There's not much difference between 2012 and 2015. If your just looking for something better or different then what Can Am has to offer now, then wait another year like the rest of us.

#4 · (Edited)
And that's the point. What has Can Am to offer to me, as a consumer, a reason to buy/replace/upgrade. I want a better handling, faster machine. However, no upgrades or improvements. The machines are the same. I have nothing but praise for my Can Ams, but from a marketing standpoint, they have nothing to offer to keep customers from going elsewhere. The other guys win in the bigger better faster more category. And that is where my $ will be. Who knows, maybe they will step up to the plate and hit a home run, but I am getting itchy on buying something new.

#6 ·
I made the switch from a Renegade 800Xxc to a Scrambler 1000. I love the hp and it's waaaay more plush but if you are looking for something that handles better, better stick with Can Am.
For now, I am enjoying the comfort.

#11 ·
Two of my buddies have 850's, and you are right on the plush part. I did a little seat time and my spine liked it better than my gade. I thought handling was spot on, in fact I felt more in control. I really hated them at first, based on looks, but they seem ok.

#7 · (Edited)
Good luck with Polaris. I sold mine and was glad to get rid of it. I had lots of problems that they knew were issues. It was going to cost me big bucks if it broke again. check out my earlier post for a list of reasons. Bad winch, drive shaft issues, lights no longer worked, wouldn't go into reverse. I got the new 1000 xt 6x6 and I'm really happy with it. Go check out some Polaris forums and you'll see a litany of complaints that are pretty consistent.

#8 ·
Wouldn't it be nice if all the manufactures showed up in your driveway some weekend with a load ATV's to try out for a few days so you could test them out and find out what you want to buy? That's really the only way. I'm 42, I've been riding ATV since they first came out back in 82, but I just bought my very our first ATV this year, in January. I bought an Outty 800. But I looked at Renegades, Scramblers, Sportsmans, King quads, Grizzlys, and many more. I can only hope I picked the right one. What's my point? I guess I'm not sure, lol. I'm very happy with it, I don't think I could've done better. I guess if you find something that works, stick with it.

#9 ·
Can-am has either the Best Quad out currently, or is tied with the Scrambler 1000 (however you look at that one is a personal opinion). With that being said, theres no reason for them to spend the money on updating their now top dog. I know it sucks for you at the time, but in their eyes their wallet is more important than adding a few gadgets or improvements to an already industry leading machine.

I'd love to see new badass stuff from them also, but if that happened, the value of your used machines would drop quickly because they would be outdated all of a sudden. Its kind of a double edged sword.

In my personal opinion, if you had good luck with them, I would keep them until someone releases something new and improved….be it Polaris or Can-am. I just don;t see the current Scrambler 1,000 being any "better" than what you have. I think its equal, so you would simply be plunking money down to have new equal machine to what you have now that is paid for and depreciating slowly vs the new one depreciating rapidly again.

Its all a personal decision, so do whats best for you and enjoy whatever you ride! :th_smiliethumbsup:

#10 ·
Why not do engine work like putting in mr rpms 1140 kit in it...or nitrous...that would liven it up

#14 ·
Yep, and canam always pays for everything that goes wrong........:th_smilieroflmao:
"China" junk? Dude, really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.