Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an outlander 850 dps, 2020. I plan to upgrade the shocks as soon as I can get an answer To this question. I see two different part numbers for fox podium x RC2 HPG shocks. One for 2018 and prior G2 models and another for 2019-2020 G2 models. Does anyone know what the difference in shocks is, between the two? I assume one must be longer or shorter to accommodate for the arched a-arm design on newer models? I can get BRP labeled fox podium x rc2 for 2020 model, no issue. I wanted to order directly from fox distributor, so I can get the Kashima coating option and fox factory support, but there is no part # for anything after 2018 from Fox distributor. Are the shocks all the same? Or different Length? Spring Rate? Damping? Anyone know? Thanks in advance! Alex.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Yes arched vs non arched.

Could be many changes. Length, springs, Internal.valving. Only a sho k builder would know

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, I am hoping someone on here is maybe a technicIan, or someone has one of each parked in garage and could take a look..

·
Registered
895 Posts
Well I will tell you this, 2019 you buy the Fox Podiums for about $714.00. Now the same shock will cost you $1500.00. No difference at all, only that BRP has started to put them on all the XMR models. I know this because my Fox Podiums are wore out and I look into replacing them.

·
Registered
2020 Outlander DPS 850, 2016 Outlander Max XT 1000R
22 Posts
The rear trailing arms are different between 2016 and 2020. I think the rear shocks as a whole are slightly longer now. Maybe an inch or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts