Can-Am ATV Forum banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
I don't mud bog my machine. So I never really considered snorkels at all. However, after the talk about the Defenders air intake and CVT intakes being in a poor spot it got me looking into other options. The oem snorkel setup looks nice, but it is pricey. I found these other aftermarket options that don't seem to be horrible on price. I may consider running snorkels after all if it helps prevent some of the dust into the intakes. My only concern with these setups if it will fit with my oem gun mounts and my rear window. Will have to check into that.

oem.... https://redsoff-road.com/shop/ols/products/2018-oem-can-am-defender-defender-max-snorkel-kit

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes - I am interested in a solution as well - please share. My plan was a 4-pipe snorkel (aftermarket plumbing available) for both the CVT and motor air and to that add a pre-filter at or near the top intakes and have the flow then pass the OEM filters for each - DO NOT USE hi-flow K&N's. That got me. There is also an electrically driven pre-filter box available that spins fans and uses about a dozen small cyclones to drop-out the heavies. We use one in mining but huge to pull the majority of rock crushing dust out and only then do we send it to a micro-filament 'cloth and foam' bathhouse filter cartridges. Otherwise you over whelm the cloth filters both restricting vacuum and inadvertently passing particles as the pressure differential ont he inside of the clogged filter increases through the roof. A vicious cycle.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts