Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my Crutchfields from my '06 Max on my new '11 Max. There's some problems.

1. The front Stage IIs are too long by an inch. They may cause damage.
2. The rear eye rubs on the CV boot clamp on compression and wreck 'em.

Why the difference? What should/can I do?

Anyone else experience these maladies?

Also, the new exhaust placement rubs the left rear shock.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Not sure about your length problem, or the boot clamp problem, but as for the exhaust, on mine, it was going to rub when I first installed them, the exhaust hangers acually swing in the their mounts on both the can, and their mounts up above. I simply put a foot against it and pushed it further away from the shock... hundreds of miles later, it's not moved. I don't know if your new Max is hung the same way or not, but it's worth a look

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Front A-arms are different for sure. Not sure about rear. Get a hold of Ed at crutchfield.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I put my Crutchfields from my '06 Max on my new '11 Max. There's some problems.

1. The front Stage IIs are too long by an inch. They may cause damage.
2. The rear eye rubs on the CV boot clamp on compression and wreck 'em.

Why the difference? What should/can I do?

Anyone else experience these maladies?

Also, the new exhaust placement rubs the left rear shock.
i got stage 2 and stage 1 on my 2010 max,,,haven't noticed these issues,,,but i got the standard length stage 2 extremes for the front,,,have you got the extended length stage 2 on your front ?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ed, as usual, was very helpful. My '11 is definitely different than my '06. The shafts are much closer to the shock eye. I took the shock off and ground the mounting eye and the lowering bracket. All's well now.

I love my Crutchfields.

Thanks Ed!!!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update.... Ed's up on his game! He's very helpful. I abused a shock one too many times and sent mine back for updates. Seriously folks, if you want great shocks, great customer support, and knowing where they come from, Ed's your guy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts