Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys,
I have a Can-Am Outlander L 570 Max DPS (2016)

It runs hotter than I would like. I see this is a common problem and it seems general consensus is that this is a consequence of running very lean.
Living in Scotland (U.K.) it is not practical to be sending my ECU to USA for remapping,
but came across this (that I can get over here!):

Procom PowerJet Fuel controller

I think Pro-com is a US based company?

If it does what is claimed, I should be able to just plug it in and adjust the fuel supply, i.e. make it run a bit richer and hence cooler?
Is that right and does anyone have any experience of this gadget?

The Outlander is for hunting and garden duties so I'm not looking for it to go faster - it can already go faster than I dare make it

I'd be grateful for any comment.

Thanks,

Alasdair

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,287 Posts
I couldn't find much at all about these things, which is cause for some level of concern..... I did eventually dig up their website, and found the model referenced in your auction link:

It claims to intercept the MAP sensor signal and "trick" the ECM into thinking the air temperature is cooler than actual, which theoretically would cause it to richen the mixture to "compensate"

Is your bike emissions-regulated? Does it have an oxygen sensor, in other words. Reason I bring it up, their own website appears to refute the effectiveness of the thing, when in closed loop operation.

I dunno, bud, I'm not sure what you'd get for your money...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BombardierBomb,

the module itself looks to be fairly widely applicable and mostly used on regular 2 wheel motorbikes with different makes and models of bike catered for by changing the plug and socket terminals?
I don't know if my outlander ( L 570 Max DPS 2016, European homologation) has an O2 sensor in exhaust.

A motor mechanic pal of mine reckons it's likely to do what I want (i.e. richen the mixture and cool the beast) so I've sent off for one and we'll see what happens next.

I'll post on developments!

Alasdair in Scotland

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,287 Posts
Cool I'm sure there are plenty of riders out there, keen to hear what it does/how it works.

I want to say "you'd know" if your bike was emissions-compliant and had an O2 sensor n all. I know those are much more common in the overseas/international bikes, that may be operated onroad, than the US-based ones, that are strictly OHV.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll get my mechanic buddy to have a look at it and help me fit it. He'll tell me if my bike has an O2 sensor in the exhaust. It is fully on-road legal, lights indicators etc.. and taxed and insured as I sometimes drive on the highway to get to my stalking ground (only about 3 miles on the highway)

The device should arrive in a day or two. I have tracking details - all in german; so I suspect the fitting instructions will be in german too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts