Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang. So I picked up this bike cheap for a spare machine. Decided to make a project out of it. Want it to be able to keep up with my XMR. Got its cheap enough that there enough cash left to mod it. Bikes was pretty beat. But a solid runner. So here my list so far. Got about a 3000 dollar budget.

Small lift, prolly just 2 inch
Tires prolly SBs or outlaw 2 thinkin 28s
Clutch kit. Yet to decide from where.
840 big bore kit???
Set of cams????
Pipe and tuner
Wild boar rad relocate and front bumper
And a few minor repairs needed

Ill post a few pic when I get a chance.
I'm lookin for any input the masses here might have on this bike and the build. Mainly the big bore kits. Any perticular kit ppl recommend. I'd like to start ordering my parts ASAP. All at one time. So I can do the entire project at the same time.
Thanx guys lemme know what u think

·
Registered
65 Posts
As for the bbk I'm gonna go look to find out the name but the place is based in Louisiana and I know of several people running them with no issues. Weak points on that machine are the engine seals on the drive shafts and difs. Clutch get a vforce John stage 3 with spider mod best hands down.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dirty south customs is the company they should be able to help you get the right cams too. If you want some serious info on brutes check out mudinmyblood.net they are mainly for brutes and have tons of info and how to's on those bad boys!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx for the info ill have to give that a look.

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
840 Brutes are wicked! Should be a cool project!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
How about forgetting all the big bore crap and go with some suspension and small tires so at least one of your machines can go fast on the trails...
Sounds like a no brainer to me.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Well maybe I change my opinion after looking at your topography... Looks like you live in a continual swamp??

·
Registered
83 Posts
Check out Dirty South Customs (Dale Warmack) for the 840 BBK. I did a lot of research and work on mine, there is no better price for a bbk with all the same parts as others as well as great customer service.

Muzzy Super Pro's are the best pipe for power gains, and the best clutch mod is VFJ machining. Usually Stage 3 with spidermod and his spring should be plenty, even with all my mods and 29.5 I have no belt slip what so ever.

To get full power out of a BBK you have to tune remember, but done right the 840 will run with the 1k's no problem. It's a HUGE increase compared to stock.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Check out Dirty South Customs (Dale Warmack) for the 840 BBK. I did a lot of research and work on mine, there is no better price for a bbk with all the same parts as others as well as great customer service.

Muzzy Super Pro's are the best pipe for power gains, and the best clutch mod is VFJ machining. Usually Stage 3 with spidermod and his spring should be plenty, even with all my mods and 29.5 I have no belt slip what so ever.

To get full power out of a BBK you have to tune remember, but done right the 840 will run with the 1k's no problem. It's a HUGE increase compared to stock.
Is that your Brute I see for sale on Kijiji?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How about forgetting all the big bore crap and go with some suspension and small tires so at least one of your machines can go fast on the trails...
Sounds like a no brainer to me.
Yea not really ideal around here. Use to run dirt bikes and race quads alot. But unless u like spending all ur time in gravel pits on the track it's get old pretty fast. Trails here ur lucky if u can do 25-30 mph. Lots of swamp and thick bush so mud quads are generally the way to go around here.

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts

Is that your Brute I see for sale on Kijiji?
Yes.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Thanx for the input. Been lookin at there BB kits. And they do seem to very well assembled. I was lookin at the muzzy exhaust for my XMR might just have to run it on both bikes. Obvsly gonna have to tune it as well. I would run so much as a pipe without a tune never mind all the other mods haha. I'm thinkin all these mods should give my XMR a good run for its money. Untill I start the mods on it lol.
Thanx again for the advice. Ill let u guy knew when the parts are ordered.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well got the bike all tore down. Looks like im gonna go with a BBk,exhaust,tuner, injectors, and clutching all from Vforcejohn. Motors out. Just gotta get it apart and send him the heads and cam cores. Then wait anxiously for parts to get here. Cait wait Project BrutalFORCE 840 is in full swing.

Attachments

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rad relocate and snorkels coming from Extreme Snorkels and 2.5 inch lift and 2inch springs spaces coming from. Stateline customs gonna be a beast goonna look deadly sitting next to the XMR

·
Registered
995 Posts
840 brutes with cams and a little compression will have zero problems pulling on a 1K rotax

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
840 brutes with cams and a little compression will have zero problems pulling on a 1K rotax
I suspect it would. In all honesty after the work that's going in this bike. I figure it's going to out perform my stock XMR. For now. :aniwheeler6: I've got big plans for it aswell. Just wanna ride the warrenty out. Then its going time.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
As far as 840 BBK's Glenn @ Aftermidnight Racing made the kit I'm running. I also had a Fundy out of Canada. Home Can't say either one is cheap however.
A good 840 will put 65-70 rwhp down. I squeezed low 70's out of mine but had to run bigger carbs off a street bike.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
As far as 840 BBK's Glenn @ Aftermidnight Racing made the kit I'm running. I also had a Fundy out of Canada. Home Can't say either one is cheap however.
A good 840 will put 65-70 rwhp down. I squeezed low 70's out of mine but had to run bigger carbs off a street bike.
I hear the fundys are nasty!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well finally got the motor tore down and opened up. And WOW is all I can say!!!! Now I started this project knowing damn well the engine needed to be tore down and checked over. But considering the guy it came from said and I quote "I just put a new top end in it and checked it over". I would like to think ppl where a little honest then what I found. So after tear down found that the #1 cyl had obvsly granaded cyl had some light scoring. Head had some decent pitting on it. Timing chain tensioner was destroyed due to the slack adjust not being installed correctly. The crank journal for #1 was wore heavily due to a spun bearing. The oil pump was cracked. And lastly the belly was full or shrapnel from the granaded piston. And the guy was still driven the thing. And the guy shook my hand said yea it's good to goo just gotta figure out that minor tick lol. Just wow. The BBK kit with fix all the top end issues. Heads save able. Just have to order a new crank and rods. And a few more bottom end parts. And she's will be unstoppable.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts