Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After much deliberation, I decided to try the 3.0s. I don't do much mud riding anymore, mostly trail. I was on the fence between the blackwaters and big horns. Almost pulled the trigger on some OG BHs but did some digging on other forums and found a couple of guys that put BH 3.0s on their grizzly's. The only complaint was that they ran small. Other than that, it was all good feedback. Had them mounted today and couldn't be happier. The original silverbacks measured 28.25" with 7 psi. The mounted 3.0s with 8 psi are pretty close. I'm attaching some pictures of the measurements. The ride is extremely smooth and traction is great! Only got to ride for about an hour today but I'm Very happy with the purchase.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
After much deliberation, I decided to try the 3.0s. I don't do much mud riding anymore, mostly trail. I was on the fence between the blackwaters and big horns. Almost pulled the trigger on some OG BHs but did some digging on other forums and found a couple of guys that put BH 3.0s on their grizzly's. The only complaint was that they ran small. Other than that, it was all good feedback. Had them mounted today and couldn't be happier. The original silverbacks measured 28.25" with 7 psi. The mounted 3.0s with 8 psi are pretty close. I'm attaching some pictures of the measurements. The ride is extremely smooth and traction is great! Only got to ride for about an hour today but I'm Very happy with the purchase.
Those look really good on that machine IMO, i also was doing some checking around and was wondering what a guy could use as replacements when the SB,s wear out. I to do not do alot of mudding and prefer the trail riding with of course the odd mud hole no problem, just not all day lol. So you say those are 30,s hey? well i will definitely give these a look over along with the BW,s you mentioned. Look forward to hearing how these BH,s wear and perform.

·
Registered
Outlander 1000 XMR Outlander 650 XMR
56 Posts
What year model is yours? I would have rather had those wheels and RB’s... mine came with all black wheels and ITP’s.

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander MAX XT 650
125 Posts
I always wondered how the ride would be on an ATV with "UTV tires" fitted to it. Congrats on your purchase and they look good. As you trail ride them more, give us a quick full review then please.
Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What year model is yours? I would have rather had those wheels and RB’s... mine came with all black wheels and ITP’s.

View attachment 100041
It's a '20. I'm not a fan of the all black wheels so I ordered the machined ones. I think they came on the 2017/18 models. The part # is 705401848 For the 6.5". If you were to get wider tires for the rear... the part number is 705502397 for the 8.5"

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I always wondered how the ride would be on an ATV with "UTV tires" fitted to it. Congrats on your purchase and they look good. As you trail ride them more, give us a quick full review then please.
Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Thanks. Like you, I was under the impression that they were only for UTVs and SxS after reading it on the forum. I really liked the tread pattern of the 3.0s so I emailed Maxxis about it and they said the 3.0s may have a higher load rating than OGs and 2.0s but were not specifically designed for UTVs and SxS.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those look really good on that machine IMO, i also was doing some checking around and was wondering what a guy could use as replacements when the SB,s wear out. I to do not do alot of mudding and prefer the trail riding with of course the odd mud hole no problem, just not all day lol. So you say those are 30,s hey? well i will definitely give these a look over along with the BW,s you mentioned. Look forward to hearing how these BH,s wear and perform.
I don't think you can go wrong with any version of the BH. I just liked the front directional pattern and the rear tread pattern of the 3.0 compared to other tires. The BW is an 8 ply tire which some owners have mentioned a rough ride. Have also read some BW owners have experienced some vibration issues after having them mounted. That being said, most BW owners are extremely happy with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts