Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is on a dirt road, so not much traction.

2014 XMR 1000, 29.5 OL2s, Muzzy slip on and digi-tune from VFJ, QSC primary

I'm not seeing the night and day difference everyone talked about by going with a QSC primary. I think it may be my shift out setup though. Engagement is nice and low, very smooth. It definitely made a difference but I think there is more there. Also, I installed the exhaust,tuner, and clutch and the same time. I'm thinking about disconnecting the tuner for now to get the clutch setup first. The tuner I have added about +1 on the low and mid to get rid of some popping, but haven't messed with it beyond that.

Ok, went for a ride and here is what it looks like to me. You let me know, it's my first time dealing with atv clutches.

1: Engagement seems around 1800-1900.
2: Low shift out is around 7650-7700 (this seems really high to me) 7000 was stock
3: High shift out is around 7400-7600

I think I should be in the 7300 range in low, right? Also my clutch came with zero instructions :( anyone have a link to tuning instructions?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lower the shift out just a tad by going up one size on the tip weight. Made it a little better. Then I decided to go to a grass field instead of the dirt road. What a difference now that it was getting traction. Pulls like a train and if you punch it in low from a stop your looking at the sky. Even high gear pulls the tire like a foot with no body English. With some trail tires it might actually be hard to keep the front end down at full throttle in low. Awesome :) still need the instuctions though so I can fine tune it, but definitely happy with it.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I'll be helping a buddy tune a QSC STM setup soon as well. A set of instructions would be fantastic.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I went up on the tip weight to 3/8 instead of 1/4 and it helps a lot with belt grab and shiftout. I have a max frame so seems like I needed it. I'll see if I can dig up my instructions somewhere.

7200 is the RPM I remember. I tune more by seat of the pants and riding style, I am not concerned about acutal shiftout at all. We mud so it's creeping around. I really like the lower shiftout and it keeps my engagement low but my RPM also stays lower at any given MPH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts