Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Outlander 1000 Max. I have discovered that the low beam headlight lens (glass) if very dirty inside, at least I think it is dirt or dust. It has turned the beam brown. My question is: How do I remove the light housing from the machine and then remove the front lens so that I can clean it?
Thanks
Leland

·
Registered
Outlander 1000 XMR Outlander 650 XMR
156 Posts
That‘s a good question. I checked the service manual I have, the farthest it goes is how to adjust the beam height. I know there’s lots of folks that put LED halos in their lights, I wonder if you can find a DIY write with instructions for that. It should show you what you’re looking for.

·
Registered
Outlander 1000 XMR Outlander 650 XMR
156 Posts
Well, I just did some searching on the halos, looks like the ones they’re using stick on to the front of the light, so that doesn’t help much. It does look like the assembly is a sealed unit, so your probably going to have a hard time getting the lens separated from the housing. Once you get them out, you might be able to use something like a bottle brush and go in through the hole for the bulb to clean them out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts