Can-Am ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
They are tough.! I Can Honestly say That.! Cause mines is A Stout Machine it's only a 650 just imagine what the 1000 can withstand.!What I'm trying to say Is Keep that fluids clean it'll take you longer in The long Run.!

Hopefully I cleared myslef.?

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Do some research. In 2015 I believe I read that the Outlander 1000's are now getting the SMALLER transmission from the 800's to save money!
Might be fine, but not a nice thing BRP decided to do!

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Toughest? Not sure how to answer that accurately because they are hands down the highest horsepower quads and that breaks parts in itself.

If you want a tough Quad, a Honda looks tough because it only has to manage 1/3 of the HP the Can am has.

If you drive realistic, the Can-am is durable, but most guys buy the big HP Can-ams to throw huge mud tires on them and then they snap all kinds of driveline parts from the stress and HP.

·
Registered
169 Posts
+1 what Deadman said........alot of it is how you maintain & use it, I don't beat the hell out of mine, probably baby it more than a lot of people, I came from a Grizzly & they're tough!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would go for the 800 outlander
yes a little less hp, but the 800s still have plenty of power, the 800s weigh less, same top speed and just a little bit cheaper

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Ya, I sure wouldn't want an 800 when the 1,000 is offered!

If you aren't going crazy with it, you will be fine. I have 1,500 hard trail miles on my Renegade 1000 XXC and all I really did maintenance wise was replace the rear sway bar bushings and rear brake pads. Those 2 issues are known minor fixes.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I have 1000 hard miles on my bike and a list of worn out parts....
brake pads, control arm bushings, all the rear sway bar bushings and mounts, shock bushings, steering stem spherical bushings, balljoints, tie rods and a radiator fan motor.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
I love my Rene! Nothing I've had before compares to it, no complaints here, puts a smile on my face every time I start it up and hear that v twin growl.

Reactions: Derek42

·
Registered
942 Posts
I just sold my 2011 800 XTP Outlander week or so ago, never had an issue at all, great machine, now i've got a new 2015 Outlander Max XTP, and all i do is ride them down logging roads, around the yard, etc. I dont go in deep mud holes, so i dont do any of that snorkel stuff. I think i should have great look with my 2015 aswell. I think you'll be very happy.

Im a Yamaha man at heard, always had Yamaha's, still do, i've got a Yamaha Viking side by side. Yamaha has never let me down, but nothing about the Grizzly made me want one, so that's why i tried my first Can-am in 2011, and went back to them when i sold it.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Have a 2015 XMR 1000 and LOVE IT! Have had only one issue with a rear axle from the factory...Having to wait for it to break before dealer will replace it under warranty. Other than that it's been great!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.