Can-Am ATV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Just installed my pads last weekend I got them from you on ebay. So far nice and quiet. I had a bit of a bonehead moment during the install though. My bike is a 2012 Outlander 1000 so it takes 3 sets of pads. At first I thought I was sent two sets of the wrong pads. I was thinking they'd be different front to back but of course they're different side to side.

·
Vendor
27 Posts
Ahh yes alot of companies used to do the same front and then different back etc but with can am they have 2 opposites on the front then the rear is the same as one of the fronts or when they use 2 calipers in rear they are the same just per side....

·
Registered
997 Posts
Missed your reply RD but just wanted to touch base ... it was most definitely the pads freezing to the rotors and nothing to do with the calipers freezing. No e-brake. It only happened early winter at around the -5C temp with water (not ice or snow). Never really had the problem all winter as the water is gone and stayed out of the slush. Also, only happens when you stop the bike soon after crossing the water (not enough heat/friction I guess) ... I was working on trails after a big storm during that period so a lot of stop & go like this. Also found out I have no brakes at all at this time (after I broke them loose) as a light film of ice had formed on the rotor and pad ... nearly rolled over a cliff ... no kidding! lol, it was a close one. Never had this happen before on either Outtie with thousands of miles in similar conditions but who's to say huh ... the stockers may have done the same thing on those same days. Either way the RD pads work great otherwise and seem to be wearing much better ... I'd buy them again for sure, that's not the point. Just a heads up. I spent A LOT of time figuring this out so just thought I'd share what I found.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Have to give these a try , my stockers are about shot with less then 400klm ! So much space between the pads and disks now they just filled with snow and slush , left me free wheeling last run out in the snow.

Liked you FB, Hopefully theres still 10% discount . Ordering tomorrow from just off the Ivory coast , I'll try flat rate envelope to Cdn and see if they beat me home for the 5th of feb. Rally on the 8th !

·
Vendor
27 Posts
Ricky yes the 13 and 14 are the same, we are updating the site as we speak just finished up the 2014 app chart so should be up to date soon but otherwise ordering for the 13 will work fine. Don't forget to use the coupon code 10-OFF if you haven't already to get your 10% discount.

Thanks

·
Registered
948 Posts
I just bought some off EBay and installed them. Thanks for keeping them at a fare price.

I did not have the code. You sent it to me with the pads hope I can use it next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ricky yes the 13 and 14 are the same, we are updating the site as we speak just finished up the 2014 app chart so should be up to date soon but otherwise ordering for the 13 will work fine. Don't forget to use the coupon code 10-OFF if you haven't already to get your 10% discount.

Thanks
Mines a outlander xmr 650 with dps, should I order for the outlander 650 efi dps?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Mopard, I am happy to hear they arrived quickly if USPS could just be consistent with that it would be great but happy to hear they arrived,

Anything else you need please just let us know.

Thanks
Brian
ATV and Motorcycle brakes or brake pads - Race Driven
You are the people that I like to buy parts from. People who know there stuff and care. I get tired of dealing with dealerships that know less about the bike then I do.
Great product and service guys keep up the good work.

·
Vendor
27 Posts
The Rotors are Stainless steel, there is no advantage of any rotor over stock ones unless Can-Am is using some cheap inferior metal but I would not think so, but rotors really do not upgrade even wave do not have any real advantage over besides looks but if your rotors are worn then ours are a great alternative if they are not then keep running them.

Thanks
ATV and Motorcycle brakes or brake pads - Race Driven

·
Registered
875 Posts
Hello. I don't see any rotors on your site for a 2012 outlander 800XT, I see the pads but no rotors ..
Thanks Mike

·
Vendor
27 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Great, Thanks just ordered them. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ordered my set on Monday nite got them today. Great service got them in 3 days. Got 850 from my stocks

Glad I got them when I did. Now ready to go riding.

·
Registered
168 Posts
How do I checkout using USPS shipping?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Got mine yesterday!!

·
Vendor
27 Posts
How do I checkout using USPS shipping?
Hi, When you check out just put in the comments section that you want it shipped via USPS we typically do ship a little more with the website USPS then UPS but due to USPS periodically being very slow we may occasionally use UPS but if you state the way you want it shipped we will go that way.

Thank you,

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just wanted to chime in and say I found RaceDriven on ebay as I just joined this site yesterday. I had to replace my factory pads after only a tad over 200 miles and the Racedriven pads have been great in the sand/mud at Busco Beach, NC. About to order a set for my wife's Outlander.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts