Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
2021 Outlander 850 max XT-P
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago we were talking about the radiator protection screen. I couldn't find the orginal thread so I made a new one.

A member asked if there were any pictures of the screen installed. Well, this is the best I could get until I pull the front plastic again. The install wasn't too bad once the plastic was removed.

Riding behind those 2 wheel guys - I wanted all the protection I could get.

So far so good 馃憤

Attachments

Registered
2019 Outlander Max xt
Where to purchase, looks good

Registered
2021 Outlander Max 450 DPS
BRP has a couple of versions of rad protectors. Radiator Protector - Can-Am Off-Road

For me the problem is more mud and seeds plugging up the rad fins than deflecting rocks and sticks. And it is really difficult to clean out the rad fins. So I am using a prefilter to catch debris. The prefilter is very easy to remove and clean. It is very effective in keeping the rad fins clear.
Naysayers will imagine that this prefilter is retrictive in itself. My experience of almost a year now has proven it to be less restrictive than a clogged radiator. It is certainly a viable solution for me. View attachment 107742

Registered
2021 Outlander 850 max XT-P
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the BRP offering.

At first I tried installing it with the front plastic in place. It's probably doable but very difficult to get the clips on and centered so off came the rack and plastic.

While the rack was off I took the opportunity to gently file the sharp edges off the underside of the rack. Numerous cuts while trying to clean under there :mad:.

Once it's in place a quick visual every once in a while is all the maintenance it needs. Should be a "from the factory" item I think. After all, it can't cost more than 100 bucks to produce........

Oh wait - l forgot what time I'm living in.......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts