Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi so got a 2012 Renegade, torn right rear cv boot. need to take right out so i can clean and inspect the joint.
So far got axle nut off, shock out and sway bar bolts out.
What next? im stumped at this stage. Does the axle come out with just a good yank? Do i need to take off trailing arm??
Any suggestions???

·
Registered
375 Posts
Youtube man shows two ways to do it

·
Registered
554 Posts
You don't have to take the swing arm off.. If you have the axle nut loose, you can take the axle out without removing the trailing arm..

Leave the shock mount bolt in (loosen the nut but leave the bolt in) wrap a ratchet strap around the axle hub (as close to the diff as possible) attatch the other hook to a hammer, give a good swing and the axle will pop out..

You'll then be able to remove it from the diff lower the side down and slide it out of the trailing arm.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The rear axles are slightly longer on a G2. If you are running aftermarkets some of them are even longer as well. I had to remove the trailing arm to replace mine. I use an old ratchet strap tied with a slip knot around the inside CV joint and the other end tied around the base of an 8 pound sledge hammer as a sliding hammer effect. Another method i have used is to tie the ratchet strap the same way and attach the other end to another wheelers winch. With tension from the winch tap on the inner CV joint with a plastic mallet. Either way works great.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'm unsure if it would work on a g2... Id imagine so. If you get the one out, pop out the other axle so you can lower the trailing arms down and allow you to have more movement to remove them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quick question about type of grease in there, Moly based i think, and how much? too much a bad thing?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Unbolt the diff and slide it back it will give you the extra 1/2 you need to pop the axle out of the spindle , That's what I did

1 - 10 of 10 Posts