Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a BRP box on my 2015 Outlander MAX XT 800. The wiring instructions say to remove the side panels. How the do you remove the side panels? I saw a couple little plastic push rivots, had the seat,console and instrument cluster off. I assume the front piece comes first but it wouldn't let go. Need help.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i watched that video but wasn't sure about the fasteners. Is it only the 2 plastic push rivots that have to be removed. The seat has to go, the console and instrument cluster. Is they anything else i need to know. don't want to break the panels

·
Registered
135 Posts
There are a I think 4 rivets on my 1000, 2 panels. The panels have a tab holding them together and there is a tab on either end going into each fender. Remove the seat, one rivet is by battery, you should see other rivet on top up by air filter box. Then 2 rivets under fenders, one front one rear. The tab sticks through fender and rivet goes through tab. If you look straight at fender you should see either rivets head facing you. Once you get them all removed you have to bend them a little to get the tabs free. The tabs have a lip on them so you might need a small pry tool to release them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are a I think 4 rivets on my 1000, 2 panels. The panels have a tab holding them together and there is a tab on either end going into each fender. Remove the seat, one rivet is by battery, you should see other rivet on top up by air filter box. Then 2 rivets under fenders, one front one rear. The tab sticks through fender and rivet goes through tab. If you look straight at fender you should see either rivets head facing you. Once you get them all removed you have to bend them a little to get the tabs free. The tabs have a lip on them so you might need a small pry tool to release them.
Don't suppose you have a picture?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Panels all off, thanks XMRjunkie, i didn't see the 2 rivots in the fenders. Now to get the wire fished from the box to the accessory plug. Is there a way to get it under the rear fender so that it doesn't lay on top of it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts