Can-Am ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke the yoke and u joint on my 13 XMR. I have the replacement prop shaft but can't see how it comes out. Is removing the rear diff nesessary? Also, how do you get in there to install the bolts on the tranny and diff? It's near impossible with the ujoints already in.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Dont know if this will help but on the gen 1 you have to remove the rear diff mounting bolts so that you can slide the diff back about an 1". That gives you enough room to slide the prop shaft out. As for the bolts. I believe I used an offset box wrench. They can be tight as hell and have factory thread loc on them. If you cant break them lose then try a little heat. I rounded the shoulders on the diff side and had to pull the prop shaft with the diff. Make sure your prop shaft is phased correctly before re-installation. Very important. Not one tooth off. Good luck

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jimo. I bought the complete shaft with ujoints already installed. You can't buy just the yokes! Now all I have to do is get the old yokes off lol. Thanks again for the tips, it helps.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
No problem. Hope it goes smooth. :th_smiliethumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.