Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, sorry for my language knowledge( I just learning it). So, I have next problem on my outlander 1000 xmr max 2015, yesterday I get little bit crashed( I bented left tie rod and fixed it) and today I saw that rear wheel isn’t parallel to fenders. On photos 1 and 2 you can’t see it really good but right wheel( against driver) more deeper than left. For more left wheel looks more parallel to fender. Thank in advance for answers, photos would be at the end.
P.S. I want to should I worry about that and why it’s looks like, is it effect of crash?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update, I looked more closely, right wheel placed normally but left out of fender

·
Registered
Outlander Max X-TP 1000T
270 Posts
Maybe your plastics have shifted slightly? I’d have thought there was more chance of that happening than the rear wheel/axle being pushed out of alignment - unless you did a ‘Verstappen into the barriers at Silverstone’ type shunt! 😉

Did you check the alignment of the front wheels after the repair? Should be 0-3mm toe-in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How I remember all were good after repair. What about vesstrappen, I didn’t do it, but I crashed by both sides. I drive by road ( +-40km/h) and after huge rain track became deeper against center of road that stay similar. Imagine that drop of track was 40 cm, and track how you now wider than atv track. So firstly I got by left side to drop( I really scared that I can roll over) so turn steering left and after crashed by left side( I thought that I can die), so yes I crashed by 2 sides

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outlander XMR 650
5,210 Posts
Welcome to the site, @Nikita, sorry to hear about the tumble, hope no one was harmed.

From here, I'm having a hard time seeing what you're describing. As @Orion mentioned, maybe it's just the plastics throwing your eyes a curveball? An optical illusion?

Jack the rear end up off the ground, under the diff, and start tugging/shaking/pulling the rear tires and arms around, see if you can detect any loose or faulty components. Check the swing arms themselves for any cracking or bends. Perhaps you managed to break a wheel bearing or a swing arm bearing or bend a trailing arm? But from here, I can't see anything that obvious.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Get a tape measure and see if each rear wheel is the same distance from the frame.
Also try using a string. Fix the string so it runs rear most to front most. You should see difference from one side to the other as the gap opens and closes, as the string is moved in and away. This was the best way to align street bike tire/wheel alignments back in the day.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it, unless it was grossly out of alignment. I use to race the bikes, and at speed well over 100mph, such alignments were important. ATVs, <20mph averages speeds -- not so important.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts