Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has completely rebuilt a front diff off of an 09 Outlander? I mean new bearings and new seals? Is a press needed to push the bearings out? Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well I got both the donner diff and my original diff taken apart today. Made sure to keep track of shims on both diffs.

How do you hold the pinion coupler to loosen the bolt inside? I thought strap wrench but didn't have one with me. tried holding with my hand and using ratchet on bolt but couldn't do it. I though for 31ft/lbs it would be easy.

Still any tips would be apreciated

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea picked up impact from storage today will try tomorrow. Hope it works. Then I need to try and remove pinion nut. I read somewhere a piece of 1.5" square tube fits prefect with a pipe wrench to turn it but I'm not sure how I'll torque it back to 130lbs/ft when re install with pipe wench?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yea picked up impact from storage today will try tomorrow. Hope it works. Then I need to try and remove pinion nut. I read somewhere a piece of 1.5" square tube fits prefect with a pipe wrench to turn it but I'm not sure how I'll torque it back to 130lbs/ft when re install with pipe wench?
Is
Yea picked up impact from storage today will try tomorrow. Hope it works. Then I need to try and remove pinion nut. I read somewhere a piece of 1.5" square tube fits prefect with a pipe wrench to turn it but I'm not sure how I'll torque it back to 130lbs/ft when re install with

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has completely rebuilt a front diff off of an 09 Outlander? I mean new bearings and new seals? Is a press needed to push the bearings out? Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks
Is the pinion nut left handed thread too cause some odd reason on mine it’s turning right to get it on not sure if that’s normal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts