Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Can Am Maverick X3 MAX RS Turbo RR
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recommendations for aftermarket tires for maxturboRR? 32"? brand? thanks!

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,287 Posts
If you'd give some clues as to how/where you ride, it may help generate responses.

·
Registered
2020 Can Am Maverick X3 MAX RS Turbo RR
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no major rock climbing.. mostly trails, with smaller rocks and uneven terrain...i'm in california so no mud. no street riding.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If I am thinking right, your X3 Max RS Turbo RR is the long wheelbase version of my X3 XRC, with the same 195 hp engine. This is my third X3, and if Can Am would quit making them better I could quit buying new ones. I've used a few different tires on the X3's I've owned. We've all used the stock Bighorn tires, and they are a reasonably good tire. I really liked Ultracross R Spec tires on a Polaris Rzr Turbo that I owned, but when I used the same 31" tire on my first X3 I wasn't as impressed. The increased horsepower just blew the tires off the road, and traction was way too limited. They just seemed to spin everwhere. On my second X3, which had even more horsepower, I used 32" BFG Baja TA tires, and I thought they were fantastic. They had the best lateral grip on highspeed gravel turns of any tire I've ever used. They are only a 9" wide tire, mounted on a 6" wide wheel, so they are a bit narrow in sand. That was the only terrain where they weren't absolutely perfect. They also wore quite fast because of their soft race spec rubber compound. My current X3 has the stock 32" Maxxis Liberty tires that come on an XRC, and I am very impressed with these tires. They work very well everywhere I have had them (southern Utah, Nevada, Arizona). I don't ride mud either. If I were to recommend a tire for that X3 Max RS Turbo RR I would recommend the 32" Maxxis Liberty. They are the best tires I've used on an X3.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts