Can-Am ATV Forum banner

Removing Apache DPS Unit?

9217 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  JeffC
My Apache 360s were installed by the dealer and I was not shown how to remove the DPS unit. I removed a black box in the upper right corner of the fuse box and now I only have the orignal three DPS settings. Was this correct? and is there anything that is suppose to go back in this location?
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
263 Posts
My Apache 360s were installed by the dealer and I was not shown how to remove the DPS unit. I removed a black box in the upper right corner of the fuse box and now I only have the orignal three DPS settings. Was this correct? and is there anything that is suppose to go back in this location?
Why would you want to remove your DPS?

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why would you want to remove your DPS?
The Apache tracks comes with another DPS module that give you 3 track DPS settings as well adjusts the speedometer to compensate for the tracks slower speed. This must be removed when switching back to tires.

· Registered
538 Posts
^^ Hmmm, that's neat! I wasn't aware of this..!

· Registered
18 Posts
What happens if you do not remove the apache DPS chip. I can select which mode I travel in - as long as I travel in regular mode & not track mode does it matter? Thanks for the help.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What happens if you do not remove the apache DPS chip. I can select which mode I travel in - as long as I travel in regular mode & not track mode does it matter? Thanks for the help.
With the chip plugged in I the options that I have are "DPS MIN", "Track DPS MIN", "Track DPS MED" and "Track DPS MAX". I usually use "DPS MED" with wheels and this is not available with the chip plugged in. If you set it to the regular mode I can't see why it would be a problem. I just don't have the regular mode that I want to use available with it plugged in. I should mention I have a 2012 Outlander Max XTP which has 3 DPS modes to start. I don't know how this chip works with the pre 2012 quads that only have 2 modes.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Plug the end that was plugged into the dips box into the dummy plug so it doesn't get full of stuff and you should be good
Could you post a picture of the DPS box and what I have to plug into a dummy plug. I did not do the install myself and I was not shown where this is to.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.