Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RENEGADE 1000 Owner Check-In!

Yeah Baby! I have a RENEGADE X XC 1000 coming in about two weeks!
sold my 08' Outlander 800XT... should be called a Sissylander 800 now!
Already ordered all the skidplates and a 3000lb warn winch! yep they fit in the new Renegade! Now I'm impatiently waiting for performance parts. I will have pictures posted and videos as soon as I get it. YEAH a 1000 BABY!

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Very cool, some pics when you get it please.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
From what I have seen.....there is no reason to call the 800 a sissy. I was not impressed enough to think about tradin up Ill say that for sure! Either way congrats!

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I have seen.....there is no reason to call the 800 a sissy. I was not impressed enough to think about tradin up Ill say that for sure! Either way congrats!

Didn't mean to upset you Outty fans. the Outlander is a great machine and is the best utility quad on the market, but it was not meant for my style of riding. Believe me if they would of came out with an Outlander X XC 1000 this year, I would of jumped on it. Lets face it, by experience the G1 Outlanders lacked in many departments like: Shocks,stamped steel lower control arms, flimsy trailing arms, cheap aluminum footwell brackets, bad front shock placement and broken frames. I know, I broke mine twice and had to replace all the parts I just mentioned with Renegade parts that are still running strong. And now for 2012 the Renegade X XC features: New stronger frame, Power steering, Sway bars front and back, Stronger trailing-arm Design with twice the bearings, Stronger A-arms, FOX Podium X Shocks, 4 wheel 8 1/2" Disk-brakes with dual-piston calipers and a 1000 with 82hp stock! I'll have 100hp pumping out of that by spring! I drive like an animal, to the bar all the time! My Outlander did me well for the three years I had it but couldn't take the heat anymore so it had to get out of the kitchen! I'm gonna miss the racks of the outty but for me the 2012 Rene XXC 1000 was a definite upgade over the Outlander. I take back my Sissylander comment I love all my Can-am brothers and sisters . It feels good to meet up with another Can-Am in the trails even if its a 400.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well I just put a deposit down for a new 2012 Renegade XC 1000! They said they should have it by Beginning of October! I am the first one at my dealer to get one. Xc that is.
The first thing That has to happen is, Change that car muffler! What in the world were they thinking!

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because BRP knows your gonna go out and buy a pipe anyways. laws and regulations won't let manufacturers put bad-ass loud exhausts that flow, so they put that .50$ TOMATO CAN on the back knowing its gonna end-up in the stock parts pile! I don't know too many people with Renegades with stock exhausts. so i'm glad they spent the money where it mattered.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well I just put a deposit down for a new 2012 Renegade XC 1000! They said they should have it by Beginning of October! I am the first one at my dealer to get one. Xc that is.
The first thing That has to happen is, Change that car muffler! What in the world were they thinking!

Once we get rid of that muffler we may have a great place to mount a winch. That's what I am hoping for
Duel pipes on either side of the grab bar and a winch in the middle would be choice!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
congrads on your new ride. If you were closer i'd race ya stock vs. stock. I'm betting they would be equal ot i'll get ya cause i'm just a skinny ass!,,lol.. my machine doesnt even know i'm on it

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got a gade 1000 xxc on the way to, but what my dealer tells me is that they are going to start the production line the first week of october and they are made in mexico so they dont expect them before the end of october(i hope that he is wrong) has anybody else hear about this.Usually we are the first to get them cause i live next to BRP main headquarters where almost everything is made(i even work there from time to time when they have some construction done) but the gades are build in Mexico so i guest we will have to wait.
Pete

·
Registered
995 Posts
The xxc is going to be unreal.......

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got a gade 1000 xxc on the way to, but what my dealer tells me is that they are going to start the production line the first week of october and they are made in mexico so they dont expect them before the end of october(i hope that he is wrong) has anybody else hear about this.Usually we are the first to get them cause i live next to BRP main headquarters where almost everything is made(i even work there from time to time when they have some construction done) but the gades are build in Mexico so i guest we will have to wait.
Pete
TiPierre, If that's true its gonna be one scarry Holloween!

thanks for the info pete! I hope you're wrong! haha

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dealership told me they are starting to receive orders early from BRP. so it is a good sign!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Pete
Made in Mexico? Really?!?! Wow, I didn't know that. Better than made in China I guess. Still would prefer it be made in North America vs Central America.

·
Premium Member
6,596 Posts
Pete
Made in Mexico? Really?!?! Wow, I didn't know that. Better than made in China I guess. Still would prefer it be made in North America vs Central America.
Mexico is in North America.:smilietwocents:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
the only people in Mexico is the manufacturers... All the others jumped the border and are living here tax free along with free health insurance

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nothing wrong with the Mexicans. they are hard workers. they jump the border to work not to go on welfare. LOL.. anyways I'm sure it's a highly automated production line. meaning alot of robots and no people. The people doing work are equipped with power tools that are pre-set to a specific torque so they always put the same tension on every bolt. I'm not worried about it i'm sure the quality will still be there. I know alot of brutal/lazy workers that are from Canada and the States that I wouldn't want working on my bike. Maybe if they have work in thier own country they won't have to jump the border for a "better" life.

1 - 20 of 310 Posts