·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
part # 1024-00033 Renegade 1000 Black Teflon DUAL MUFFLER SLIP ON SYSTEM

Retail price is 634.95

VFJ price is 525.00!!

SAVE 109.95 OFF RETAIL!!

I will be doing some testing on a customers atv with these and setting up the mapping over the weekend and will have dyno results and FI mapping for the tuners.

These are very easy to install and are a rear section slip on system that uses the stock headpipes. NO pulling plastic, NO removing headpipes. Easy on.

I have just 5 of these in stock at this time!! get them while they last!!

If you are interested in a set. email me. [email protected]

John

·
Registered
538 Posts
Do you know if this setup is\will be available for the 1000 Outlander?

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the outlander 1000 system Black Teflon SINGLE MUFFLER Slip on system is 1024-00045 it is 394.95 RETAIL

My price will be around 350-360 I do not know my final cost on them as I was not invoiced. But like anything I sell. I try to pass my savings on to you guys to get the best prices and parts I can get my hands on. It's nothing less than I would accept!!

At this time they are STILL backordered for the otulander 1000's

SINGLE MUFFLER SLIP ON. No dual slip on for the outlander 1000's full system duals (also backordered) are the only dual setup for the outlander 1000 but full system only!!

John

·
Registered
538 Posts
Very good info vforcejohn, thank you! Seems like you have a very good price on the slip on! I may be hitting you up for one here shortly..!

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IF we buy the slip on now, can we buy the headers at a later date?
that's a good question.

I know the stock pipe outer diameter is not as large as the Muzzy header diameter. but it's just 1 section of pipe that might be able to be replaced easily??

the rear section IS the full system rear section.

I'm not sure Muzzy will offer separate header system. but I can ask them.

What I'd suggest. Decide what you are after and save your money to get the system you want.

the headers on the full system give you the option of installing dual 02 bungs as where the stock header system on the slip on will not.

slip on is 525 my cost full system is 750 my cost. so you basically have a 225.00 difference in cost for the headers in the full system.

John

·
Registered
113 Posts
John, what's up man. This is Cary LaBorde I bought the dual Muzzy and PCV package from you a few months ago. Couldn't be more happy. Anyway I was wondering if you sell just the chrome exhaust endcaps and tips separately? Id like a spare set. Thanks man!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Too bad muzzy doesnt make the dual slip on for the outty, i'd like to have those for sure. Wouldnt mess up my warranty. Talk to muzzy for us John!
Thanks

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
IF we buy the slip on now, can we buy the headers at a later date?
that's a good question.

I know the stock pipe outer diameter is not as large as the Muzzy header diameter. but it's just 1 section of pipe that might be able to be replaced easily??

the rear section IS the full system rear section.

I'm not sure Muzzy will offer separate header system. but I can ask them.

What I'd suggest. Decide what you are after and save your money to get the system you want.

the headers on the full system give you the option of installing dual 02
bungs as where the stock header system on the slip on will not.

slip on is 525 my cost full system is 750 my cost. so you basically have a 225.00 difference in cost for the headers in the full system.

John

I agree. I'm building a house now, and fearing being broke, so I'm gonna wait til the house is done before I buy these. If you can't tell with all the pics I saved, I kinda LIKE the Muzzy's! :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm so torn on these and don't know what to do lol I do a ton of deep mudding and wish there was a single exit pipe for the renegade 1000 haven't seen one yet though

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Why do you need a single for mud?
Does dual really seem to drown out the motor easier? just curious....

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Why do you need a single for mud?
Does dual really seem to drown out the motor easier? just curious....
I have swamped mine down a few times in some deep stuff and I have no issue and I run the prototype set with the mufflers that hang down 9 inches lower than the production versions. unless you are going in mud up to the grab bar. I see no issue at all. they are same height as a stock pipe. and if it's that deep. you are probably stuck anyway.

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Hey John, not tryin to start anything but here is an Outy 1000 from pines on March 1/2012 that has a single can slip on Muzzy. Don't know if it's a retrofit from an 800 but there is one on this, watch at 2:35 in the vid. The vid description on youtube states "Muzzy slip on exhaust";

EDIT: My bad, I read the thread wrong, my apologies, I thought they weren't out yet. Well here's a little sound clip.

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Single can at 2:20

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Yes they are out, but they are hard to get. Muzzy only makes so many pipes. some weeks I only get can am pipes, other weeks I get polaris pipes, and then I get streetbike pipes, then kawasaki pipes.

If you ever want to check availability of exhaust pipes. call Muzzys and dial 106 and ask for DAVE . he can tell you when they are being made and when you can expect them to be ready.

I order about 25-30 pipes every 2 weeks off them. but I might only get in 10 pipes at a time. I never know what's coming in. I've been waiting near 1 month for a simple 2008 renegade 800 full system with the black can for a customer. it still has not arrived yet.

There's my invoice from 2 weeks ago order. as you see, I only got in 3 pipes out of the 22 I ordered. the rest are on BACKORDER. it's not like I don't have them, or I didn't order them. it's that I just can't get them fast enough.

John

1 - 20 of 56 Posts