Can-Am ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
well wouldn't you know it. the outlander 1000 slip on's showed up today. I only have 5 of them at this time and they are teflon black My price is 355.00

John

·
Registered
153 Posts
That's what I was set on initially...but changed my mind to the full black duals...I think. Probably worth the wait from what I'm reading. Any word on a ship date on those?

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I got an email from Muzzy and they are ordering the pipes to make these systems this week. so hopefully be done by next week or so??

they sell out very fast. so if you are interested let me know.

John

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just a heads up, I do have the 1000 outlander slip on system in stock 355.00 in Black Teflon. these include BOTH q-core and spark screens.

I also have the digituner for the slip on system as well 225.00

I have these in stock and ready to go 580.00 for the set shipping.

very easy 30 minuite pipe and tuner installation and power goes from 62 range to the 68 rwhp range.

John

·
Registered
995 Posts
So your getting a 6rwhp gain from a slip on with a generic tune from a digituner?? That sounds like pretty solid gains from a slip on only? Interesting, I assume that tune and slip on is set up wide open or was there a quite core involved?

Thanks for the information

·
Registered
951 Posts
will it work on outty xxc?

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
They've said before they make MORE power with the quiet cores installed! :yahoo:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
i dont think they're slip on "DUALS".. just the single.

When John is saying "set", i believe he means the digituner and muffler as a "set"

·
Registered
136 Posts
Funny, I just emailed you lol I got referenced by a guy on youtube. Cool.

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I have Both of these in stock.

The RENEGADE is the only SLIP ON DUAL they are making they are in stock 525.00

The Outlander Slip on is a SINGLE and is 355.00 (black teflon slip on)

the Tuner I used is the Muzzy Digituner 225.00 easily capable FI adjustments and less inexpensive than the PCV when all you have is a slip on. they work fabulous and I pre map them for your setup. Sinple install for either setup as well. takes about 3o minuites for the outlander system and about 1 hour for the renegade system to install.

If you want a set of these. email [email protected] OR call the shop 570-773-1240

they sell out very quickly, I just got back from vacation this week, so I have them ALL in stock and ready to go. but they won't last long.

John

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I will be installing the slip on with the tuner at John's on Sat. and then put on a dyno as requested by John to video. I will post results..

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
I will be installing the slip on with the tuner at John's on Sat. and then put on a dyno as requested by John to video. I will post results..
Thanks for following up, awesome results. John you better get some more stock, heh heh heh.

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
John, I'm very impressed with Slyders results in this thread;

http://www.can-amforum.com/forums/dyno-reports-tuning-center/37631-muzzy-slip-dyno-results-outlander-1000-a.html

A couple of questions if I may.
The digi-tuner comes set up as a plug and play with the slip on, does that mean you would load the map from say Slyders results in it?
If that is the case how would we know we are getting the same result? What I mean is what are the variables that come into play from one bike to another as well as things that may make a difference in a dyno session. Examples would be, altitude, temperature, humidity, even the type or grade of fuel. For someone like me that lives on the coast at sea level, we also don't run much blended fuels, 10% ethanol maybe, would the results we see in Slyders session be near the same across the board? Or am I misunderstanding the way it all works?
Thanks.

Reactions: The DUKE

·
Registered
372 Posts
John what kind of gains can we expect from muzzy dual slip ons for the renegade 1000?

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
John, I'm very impressed with Slyders results in this thread;

http://www.can-amforum.com/forums/dyno-reports-tuning-center/37631-muzzy-slip-dyno-results-outlander-1000-a.html

A couple of questions if I may.
The digi-tuner comes set up as a plug and play with the slip on, does that mean you would load the map from say Slyders results in it?
If that is the case how would we know we are getting the same result? What I mean is what are the variables that come into play from one bike to another as well as things that may make a difference in a dyno session. Examples would be, altitude, temperature, humidity, even the type or grade of fuel. For someone like me that lives on the coast at sea level, we also don't run much blended fuels, 10% ethanol maybe, would the results we see in Slyders session be near the same across the board? Or am I misunderstanding the way it all works?
Thanks.

I was more than impressed. it was quiet, easy install (minus the bolt incident) and fairly fool proof. I was anticipating 68-69 range. but even the first run and no adjustments it spun the tires on the dyno and still pulled 71 rwhp

How I know you should be getting the same result is, I program the same settings into the box he got when I ship it.

The same box Slyder has fits every can am from the 500-650-800-1000 but the base programming differs for each model. it's load based on the Dobek Boxes like the digituner.

Also, on the box there is adjustments you can make. Here is a link to my other forum where you can see how this FI unit operates. follow the tutorial on the mapping as well. you'll see the initial mapping it's far more complicated than most realize and unlike any other FI mapping.

what I like about it. I get the same RWHP results on a plug and play Digituner as I get on a full 3 hour PC5 custom dyno tune session.

Adjusting the Digituner - Kawasaki ATV Forum

I can't guarantee my mapping is perfect for every single application all over the world. I do my homework and offer the best setup I possibly can with the components I sell to make the complete hassle free, notable gain, setup right package.

John

·
Registered
995 Posts
The slip on seems to be the way to go, especially considering the duals are no doubt louder and make basically the same amount of power but are more money and heavier, The 1000's must hit 78 mph pretty quick with that 70 rwhp....

Thanks for the info john

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
yeah, bang for the buck spent. I havent seen any better results.

After seeing the results from the swamp series HMF slipon (65.5) I was skeptical if these would even make 68 rwhp. I knew as the run was being made and seeing the shiftout at 7400 rpm, it was going to have some good #'s. seeing over 71 (with q-core and screens installed) I was more pleased than the owner of the bike, to say the least.

slipon VS full system make the similar power from 0-45ish mph then the full system carries more higher speed HP. the chart would show the differences, but it shows the stock muffler system is the major restriction here and there is easy power to be gained from this simple setup.

John

21 - 40 of 56 Posts