Can-Am ATV Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I assume the renegade duals with the quiet cores will be even quieter than the outlanders single muffler.....is this true in the real world? I like quiet and I love power, so this is what my mind is set on once the warranty expires on my 1000! Awesome results guys!

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
well that's the best part about the slip on system.

WARRANTY!!! They remove as easily as they installed.

If you have a dealer that may void your warranty for modifications. the pipes can be removed and the stock system can be reinstalled easily at any time.

the digituner is NOT a "flash tuner" so there is no fingerprints left on the stock ECU that the dealer could pinpoint that you had modifications on and the pipes unbolt just as easily as they installed.

Realworld sound comparison of a dual vs single sound check. the duals have a deeper tone. they are also offering 2x the surface noise reduction due to having dual mufflers. but adding the additional sound outlet expands the sound.

best way I can describe it here is an example. Turn your car stereo volume up 1/2 way then set on the left-right front back control to just 1 speaker and have the volume 1/2 way. now add the other speaker in. volume (db reading) didn't really increace much, but sound quantity increaced. if that makes any sense?? similar results here.

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
John, I'm very impressed with Slyders results in this thread;

http://www.can-amforum.com/forums/dyno-reports-tuning-center/37631-muzzy-slip-dyno-results-outlander-1000-a.html

A couple of questions if I may.
The digi-tuner comes set up as a plug and play with the slip on, does that mean you would load the map from say Slyders results in it?
If that is the case how would we know we are getting the same result? What I mean is what are the variables that come into play from one bike to another as well as things that may make a difference in a dyno session. Examples would be, altitude, temperature, humidity, even the type or grade of fuel. For someone like me that lives on the coast at sea level, we also don't run much blended fuels, 10% ethanol maybe, would the results we see in Slyders session be near the same across the board? Or am I misunderstanding the way it all works?
Thanks.

I was more than impressed. it was quiet, easy install (minus the bolt incident) and fairly fool proof. I was anticipating 68-69 range. but even the first run and no adjustments it spun the tires on the dyno and still pulled 71 rwhp

How I know you should be getting the same result is, I program the same settings into the box he got when I ship it.

The same box Slyder has fits every can am from the 500-650-800-1000 but the base programming differs for each model. it's load based on the Dobek Boxes like the digituner.

Also, on the box there is adjustments you can make. Here is a link to my other forum where you can see how this FI unit operates. follow the tutorial on the mapping as well. you'll see the initial mapping it's far more complicated than most realize and unlike any other FI mapping.

what I like about it. I get the same RWHP results on a plug and play Digituner as I get on a full 3 hour PC5 custom dyno tune session.

Adjusting the Digituner - Kawasaki ATV Forum

I can't guarantee my mapping is perfect for every single application all over the world. I do my homework and offer the best setup I possibly can with the components I sell to make the complete hassle free, notable gain, setup right package.

John
Thank you Sir. I will take a look.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Sorry vforcejohn, I needed to save this link and I bumped it to save it to my participated thread. Now that you asked though, I am interested in a dual set up for my renegade 1000 2012 xxc however, don't want it to be much louder then stock so based on that, what would you recommend? I've heard you can use quiet core and spark arrestor but have no idea how that works, can you help? Also, I would need to take your setup and take it to the shop to get it installed, how much would that typically cost?(The install, ive aeen your prices already)Thanks for your help

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
The quiet cores and spark arrestors are included with the muzzy system. They can be removed by taking the end caps off the mufflers and pulling them out, or adding them. Its a simple job and it allows you to make the system louder or quieter as you prefer.
I have one ordered, but I'm waiting for John to get them back in stock!

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Here's an install on an Outy from start to finish. A friend and a few pops and it seems decent. This system in the video was from John and the vids are from a member of this forum.

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
The quiet cores and spark arrestors are included with the muzzy system. They can be removed by taking the end caps off the mufflers and pulling them out, or adding them. Its a simple job and it allows you to make the system louder or quieter as you prefer.
Pipes are on the way to you. Thanks Deadman:th_smiliebanana2:

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Thank You! It was good talking to you today! I can't wait for the Muzzy to roar in a tame manner! :yahoo:

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Thank You! It was good talking to you today! I can't wait for the Muzzy to roar in a tame manner! :yahoo:

No problem. I also just realized that your screen name makes perfect sense for your profession.

John

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
SLIP ON RENAGADE 8000/1000 DUALS ARE BACK IN STOCK AFTER A MUCH AWAITED ABSENCE!!!

525.00 for the Black Duals, I have only 9 sets in stock left at this time.

get them while they last!!!

John

·
Registered
128 Posts
John. What is your price for a 13 outlander full set-up including digituner? I was gonna buy from muzzy directly but if i can save a few bucks...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
John. What is your price for a 13 outlander full set-up including digituner? I was gonna buy from muzzy directly but if i can save a few bucks...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Buy it from John, he will hook you up with all the tuning info you need!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts