• XMR

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm trying to decide whether or not I want an XMR or a renegade 1000 XXC. I usually ride on a good mix of mud and trails. I am not a big guy (5'8" 150lbs) so getting the huge XMR may be a problem. If I end up choosing the renegade I would put 29.5" outlaws, lift, snorkels, etc. and set it up for mostly mud but can still go on trails no problem. I don't plan on mud racing but just going through the mud at my local riding areas. If you guys could give me your opinions on the 2 it may help make my choice easier. Thanks

·
Registered
848 Posts
After watching several hundred videos on muddin' and seeing a few rides in person I'd say the rene XXC. You get way muddier but the XMR just seems to be a problem child for so many people.

Lots of guys love the XMR but the handling of the XXC is incredible. The XXC just dances through the mud.

My next Can-Am will be a Renegade XXC.

Reactions: Aflyingpenguin

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
You need to sit down and really think, "Do I want it to handle great and be decent in the mud, or do I want it to be awesome in the mud and not real good on the trail?"

The mud dries up here all summer, so I can't find mud anywhere for the most part of my riding season.

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
xmr 65 mph at the limiter
xxc 77 mph at the limiter.

xxc even with 30's and stock clutching would blow away an XMR on a flat drag race. get them deep in mud, then the xxc's going to need some clutch work to maintain.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The XXC is awesome! Simply can not beat the fun factor! The handling is unreal and its light and super powerful. The XMR is big and heavy but its so awesome to ride! Handling is actually not bad for something that size and height. The XMR is wonderful on the trail and is very user friendly. Its not a one trick pony.

Both are great machines and will make you happy.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The XXC is awesome! Simply can not beat the fun factor! The handling is unreal and its light and super powerful. The XMR is big and heavy but its so awesome to ride! Handling is actually not bad for something that size and height. The XMR is wonderful on the trail and is very user friendly. Its not a one trick pony.

Both are great machines and will make you happy.
I think you are the only person to ever call a renegade "light". Hahaha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts