Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I've got a 2009 rene 800 with AT26x12-12 Carlisle Mud Wolfs. The only other mod is an HMF slip on pipe.
I picked up a Dalton Mud Runner clutch kit today ( DBO 800M ).
I'm curious if this is the right kit for me now after reading a bit more. The box says for tires sized 28 and up.
I do trail riding and a bit of mud playing if its there.

If I should keep this kit what route should i go first? Weights or not? Change both primary and secondary springs?

Any tips are appreciatted!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
The full kit will do fine but depends what your looking for are you wanting more low end of top end depends? I would do the weights and do the light weight rivets in the weights and run the front green spring if you want top end but do the whole kit if you want low end and the top end range.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so both springs, weights with light rivets for better low end and top end as well?

what change would the heavier weights with the same 2 springs have compared to the lighter?

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
You don't need the sec spring for 26s. Primary spring and weights with proper rivets is plenty for 26s.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You don't need the sec spring for 26s. Primary spring and weights with proper rivets is plenty for 26s.

thanks!
proper weights being the lighter of the two supplied?

what would be the reason/result of using both springs that would suggest only the primary?

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Weights are the BIG parts, rivets are the smaller parts that go in them. Sec spring will pinch tighter slowing shift out, good for Rev and big tires, not really needed for smaller tires.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so i pulled the clutch off to find out the previous owner had upgraded the clutch already, can't tell the brand, but three weights are aftermarket and the green spring was used.
should i get rid of his and use my new dalton, or replace the three stock ones with mine and run all 6 aftermarket?

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you run 6 aftermarket weights it wont shift out all the way so if your not going to run bigger tires than 26" tires then i wouldnt do it you will lose top end. Cause i got it on my renegade im running 3 qsc weights and 3 dalton with rivets and it is good for the mud and spins big tires great but i lost a lot of top end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts