Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just discovered that the Renegade has independent hand brakes, I wonder if the Oulander can get this conversion? Who has the parts list and price?

·
Registered
951 Posts
it's standard on my outty xxc, rode a regular outty and kept grabbing for the right brake lever, assume you could add, not sure how

·
Registered
687 Posts
Does the Outlander XXC have a brake in each wheel on the rear or just one like the standard Outlander?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like to think you could add a right hand brake cylinder and run a line to the T for the left hand brake that splits the front and rear, hook the right hand brake to the front brake line at the T and cap of the T where you took the front brake line off. Get what I'm saying?

So I'm thinking a right hand brake and enough line to run to the T, where ever that may be, right?

I really don't think the brakes on the Outlander are that great. Compared to my old mans 550 Grizzly that has separate brakes, you pull both levers on that, and you come to a stop in a hurry!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Does the Outlander XXC have a brake in each wheel on the rear or just one like the standard Outlander?
Don't know standard on outty but mine is on rear drive shaft

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I would like to think you could add a right hand brake cylinder and run a line to the T for the left hand brake that splits the front and rear, hook the right hand brake to the front brake line at the T and cap of the T where you took the front brake line off. Get what I'm saying?

So I'm thinking a right hand brake and enough line to run to the T, where ever that may be, right?

I really don't think the brakes on the Outlander are that great. Compared to my old mans 550 Grizzly that has separate brakes, you pull both levers on that, and you come to a stop in a hurry!
Are you still running the crappy OEM pads?, if aso, that is part of your problem. Race driven or EBC make better pads.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm still running the stock pads. So the aftermarket pads should help it stop better?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts