Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having fun in Baja. The Renegade worked great but found that you can't run 70mph continuously for 50 miles - fried the belt. Took me out of riding for 2 days. Had to hitch hike 150 miles to get truck. Got a spare belt from a Yamaha Rhino that looks to be the right size and has lasted for one day of riding without any problem or wear but I am keeping the speed down to 60 or less and 45 to 50 on long straight and smooth sections. That's all the RZRs do anyway that I'm riding with. I may go with the motorcycle group next year since they move faster but I won't be able to do any single tracks of course. Down here at sea level the performance is awesome - 65 to 75 mph is about 4.5 seconds and climbing hills I can still hit the rev limiter at 77 mph. We did some rock crawling but the RZRs wimped out and we had to turn back and take an easier trail. So far the Renegade does just about everything better than a RZR or a motorcycle - loving it!!

Photo is what happened when one of the spare gas cans had a leak. Both riders in the RZR survived but had 2nd and 3rd degree burns on one arm each before they got stopped and out of the machine.

On another note, The shrimp tacos are great!!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I couldn't attach more than one photo to the original post so I'll do it one at a time. Sunrise at Gonzaga Bay was gorgeous.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Droors92, I built the rack myself since I couldn't find one that was big enough to hold everything for a week of travel. I just copied the rear rack from my Yamaha Grizzly but put different attach points on it. It seemed to work well and I have 75 - 100 pounds of gas and gear on it and I don't baby it through the rough stuff. We spent last night at a really nice hotel on the beach on Pacific side and tonight we are at Melling ranch in the mountains. The ranch cabins are rustic with a wood fireplace and an oil lamp. They have Wifi through a satellite dish until they turn the generator off at 9:00pm. I forgot to mention that you can follow my track in near real time by clicking on the following link:

Please wait for redirect

If the link doesn't work, try copying and pasting it to your browser's address bar.

Tomorrow is the last day of riding - a little over 100 miles back to San Felipe. I'm sad that it will be over since I've had a blast.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry the SPOT link wouldn't copy into the forum - I'll have to see if I can get it to work when I get home on the computer.

Attachments

·
Registered
687 Posts
Very cool ride! Would love to ride that part of the country some day.

But no spare belt when your putting those kind of miles on?? Yikes!!

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Jealous as can be man, thanks for this thread! Bet you had the time of your life.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts