Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
im looking for some advice , i imported a US Renegade x 800 atv to the UK.

I need a certificate of newness to register the atv on the road.

The UK can-am dealers cant get me a certificate as the atv came from USA.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a dealer or contact details of the factory so i can obtain this certificate.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Can't you get a hold of the dealer you bought it from here?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi
im looking for some advice , i imported a US Renegade x 800 atv to the UK.

I need a certificate of newness to register the atv on the road.

The UK can-am dealers cant get me a certificate as the atv came from USA.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a dealer or contact details of the factory so i can obtain this certificate.

Thanks in advance
Bad deal!
It whas BRP themself that stopped UK sellers from importing Can am's directly from the US.(lawsuit)
Only one place to get the registration doc's, and that's in switzerland(BRP). But that's only if you are a dealer. And they will not give papers for an imported(US) Can Am.
I know this sucks!! But hey, otherwise the can not sell the Can Am's in europe for twice the US price!(ripp off !!!)

Good luck.

EDIT: that's only if you need a road legal can am ofcourse.
And the ATV will have to be changed to EU regulations.(hazard light, turn signal, horn, different brake setup, different wiring harness......

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Wow, that really sucks.

·
Super Moderator/Welcoming Director
10,105 Posts
Congrats man - how about tell what you did to sort it out so later on problem solvers can read and learn lol.

Well i know a guy who recently bought a can-am spyder from the US.
did every paperwork and imported it himself, when he went to the registration office they told him he needed some certification so it could be registrated. but what the guys did at that office was searching the internet and found one for him lol. So he is a happy fella.
What or where they searched i don't know - just printed out some paper and told him ok we are ready to take a look at he spyder.

Ps-did they not tell you to put mirrors on it ??.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts