Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m selling my outlander 850xt and going renegade 1000. I ride fast trail mostly so obvious choice would be xxc. My issue is I like the options that come stock on xmr ( front and rear bumper, winch, footwells, visco 4lok, and 14”beadlocks). If I add all this it’s well over the price of just going xmr. Only thing I don’t like on xmr is the snorkel, suspension, and lower gearing. Is my only option to buy one or the other and spend thousands more to get all the parts from the other?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Try out the XXC and add what you want later. The bumpers are there already and you can add a winch no problem. If you ride fast and know how to ride the XXC is total king and will take whatever you can throw at it and more. Only limitation really on any ATV is the tires, even with bead locks you can still bend the rims and blow the tires. I carry and front and rear spare. You won’t be sorry. The XMR’s are great if you want to ride in the muck, everywhere else for go fast trails the XXC makes the XMR look slow and awkward. Depends on how you want to ride. I’m a XXC fan for sure and it can push you to your limits.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Try out the XXC and add what you want later. The bumpers are there already and you can add a winch no problem. If you ride fast and know how to ride the XXC is total king and will take whatever you can throw at it and more. Only limitation really on any ATV is the tires, even with bead locks you can still bend the rims and blow the tires. I carry and front and rear spare. You won’t be sorry. The XMR’s are great if you want to ride in the muck, everywhere else for go fast trails the XXC makes the XMR look slow and awkward. Depends on how you want to ride. I’m a XXC fan for sure and it can push you to your limits.
you think change shock spring a little clutch work and a good tune and that 1000 has big time trying to get around that 850 xmr i know makes me laugh every time .........

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,278 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I figured that was better for me. Wasn’t too sure how good the shocks are on the xxc. I’m 6’ 260 and bottomed the shocks on the outlander often. I know they are bottom of the line. Was thinking of getting elkas but after riding my friend’s xt1000 I knew I wanted the extra punch. Guess I’ll go xxc and buy bumpers for xmr. I like the look of them and feel it would add a little extra protection should I get a little wreckless and bump a tree or something. Winch is really because I ride alone more often than I’d like and want some assist if I get in a situation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go with the 1000 xtp you won’t be disappointed. The gearing on the XMR is lower for mud by design.
I don’t have a problem with the outlanders but prefer the look of the renegade more. I know I’ll get dirtier with the lack of fender coverage but I don’t mind. Plus looks easier to get to things for maintenance and so on. I do all work myself.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I’m 220 , 6 ft and I’ll bottom out. But I’m just on the throttle all the time and hit holes, whoops, fly off stuff and just on it. Most likely can firm up the shocks but need the sway in the corners. You might have to experiment on that. I love the shocks and even with the occasional bottom out you still have great control.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’m 220 , 6 ft and I’ll bottom out. But I’m just on the throttle all the time and hit holes, whoops, fly off stuff and just on it. Most likely can firm up the shocks but need the sway in the corners. You might have to experiment on that. I love the shocks and even with the occasional bottom out you still have great control.
Awesome. I’m by no means at a pros race pace, but I do ride fast. I ride in Pa mostly and it’s very rocky. I think the rc2 will definitely be better for me. I think I’m convinced the xxc is best bet for me. Due to the suspension. The xt suspension did hold me back but most likely because it’s meant for more casual rider at a lower weight than me.

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,278 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just wait till you ride it, get it nice and broken in for the first 50 miles, break in the belt etc...then you are ready to rip and better hold on!!! That thing fly's I don't use a winch (thought I needed it) but just hammer it through the muck and rip around the pot holes, so agile. You can shift your weight into the wells and it will corner so well, in total control all the time. Come up on banks, lean in and hammer it, it so freeking fun I cant believe it it. It handles rocky trails and you just skim over everything at high speed suspension is excellent. I ride with a group many on XTP's and Outlanders and there is just no comparison.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong on the XXC.
It's not built for deep mud bogs, but it dosent get stuck easy.
One warning, the front bumper is designed to protect the front of the
ATV, but it dosent work too good as a winch point ( aluminum )
Even if you don't add a winch, get a winch mount bracket or a steel
front bumper to hook onto in those rare stuck deep in the goo
situations.
Have fun with whatever you choose.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the bumper info. I’ve been searching around for beefier options front and back. Saw an add on fb they’re about to drop info on the 2023 models. Can’t wait. I’ll probably get an order in once I see them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts