Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What bulbs are in the 15' outtys? I want to replace the bulbs just for color. There bright stock but since I added a led bar now they look real yellow. I'd assume there 3-3500k I'd like a 5k bulb to look bright white. Don't want HIDs or led lights. Just OEM quality bulbs but whiter.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I tried doing the same on my truck, I installed 5k HIDs in the stock housings and the way the quad style headlights are on the newer Dodges and the way my projector is wired into the factory harness the factory high beam bulbs come on with the HIDs but you can't even see them except for the dull yellow color they put off.

It's really hard finding a bright white burning bulb that will last. Tried Silverstars and all those style and they are all still yellow compared to an actual HID or LED white when lit up side by side. I think I ended up getting some PIAA 6 or 7k bulbs that look white to the naked eye. Had to get them off Amazon since they didn't have them on their site. If you look on their site and get the part number for the one you want just put that number in Amazon and you usually get something back. I think mine were $35 for a pair and they are still working so they are durable. Reviews for other brands said they didn't even last a day and were very cheap quality. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
836 Posts
If you take the time to read the packaging on headlight bulbs you will find the brighter the bulb is the shorter it's life span.. Sadly, extreme brightness and durability/longevity do not go hand in hand.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you take the time to read the packaging on headlight bulbs you will find the brighter the bulb is the shorter it's life span.. Sadly, extreme brightness and durability/longevity do not go hand in hand.
Man take it easy! Y do so many people on this site knock people down when this site is made to learn about your canam! So disrespectful!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I don't he was trying to bash or anything, I was just wanting to say that all the sites and packages I looked at didn't say anything about the life span for the HID style halogens that you want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts