Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tim from Eagle River, Alaska. Looking to replace my 2009 RZR 800. Thinking to do this with a Can-Am SxS. Sporty type for my wife. What are your recommendations?

Thought I would jump on a forum first to understand the mechanical issues before committing. Had I done that with the RZR, I would saved a lot of money and wrench time

·
Registered
808 Posts
You looking at an x3 or a maverick trail?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
808 Posts
I think I would stay away from the commander. Not a bad overall machine but maintenance is harder on it and it is loud and hot in the cab.

The maverick trail or sport would be a nice upgrade from your current rzr.

Reactions: Tim-ANC

·
Registered
808 Posts
Unless you were looking at a new commander. What's your price range? What will you use it for?

·
Premium Member
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
367 Posts
This is Alaska! North Pole here.. No such thing as a cab being too hot.. lol. If anything I would install a house furnace into the cab! J/K. The Commander has had issues of catching fire and crappy electrical switches on many of them. The Commander 6x6 was a grand cheaper than my Outty XMR 1000. If I was to get one, I would pay close attention to the electrical, purchase the longest warranty possible, and install a fire extinguisher. Otherwise I would go the big bucks and get a Maverick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Freewill. Yeah, hot in the cab seems like a plus. Will be for my wife, she even runs the aftermarket heater in the RZR in the summer. Yeah, saw that CL post. Too big. Want a 2 seater. Plus I only got 72" clearance into my cargo trailer. Specs on the Maverick state it's 69". All about logistics here right :cool:

CanAmRancher1, thinking $9K to $11K but if my research is correct the Mav was built in 2018. Might not be ripe enough for my price range yet. Used for all sorts of trail, mud, swamp, muskeg, glacial silt, long distant riding.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts