Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
They are good to deal with. We usually have the lowest prices on their stuff, but of course the Mfg can always beat the dealers if they want to. One of the best companies we deal with for sure.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Have ricochet skids and love them!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well on the topic of Ricochet skidplates, is $600 a good price from Canada? Keep in mind Ricochet is in the US and our Canadian dollar is worth like 0.80 right now :/

·
Registered
2,770 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Well on the topic of Ricochet skidplates, is $600 a good price from Canada? Keep in mind Ricochet is in the US and our Canadian dollar is worth like 0.80 right now :/
That is roughly what I paid a year ago for my Max. Get them before the local guys have to raise prices due to the Canadian dollar being down.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow didn't realize ORPS prices went up so much. I was looking into him on kijiji a few years back and remember he was selling them just under $500.

Canadians are taking a beating on low dollar now. Might make sense to start thinking about making your own. I know they will never look as good as the ricochet if anyone really cares since there underneath. Pretty sure there's a few good threads on the forum about making your own.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Great skid plates but, if like me you have to remove some of your skid plates to put on tracks in the winter months. Get some extra bolts because they will eventually strip. I'm considering to swap them for regular harden bolts. Ricochet did send me some in the mail after I complained of this, but I have my doubts that they will too just strip.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Great skid plates but, if like me you have to remove some of your skid plates to put on tracks in the winter months. Get some extra bolts because they will eventually strip. I'm considering to swap them for regular harden bolts. Ricochet did send me some in the mail after I complained of this, but I have my doubts that they will too just strip.
With your ricochet skid plates do they hold mud and all kinds of gunk against the frame, etc? I don't want that to be an issue with these :S

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
All skids will hold a bunch of sh tuff. Rinse and repeat. Take them off a couple times a year for some good maintenance.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah I just ordered a set for my 500 outty from ORPS in Toronto, $589, the shipping is about $45 so $630[/QUOTE]

You're right. It was $700 for the coated. Jim told me that they weren't worth it, better off just painting them. It's easier just to repaint them after when they get banged up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Mine are holding up. Second bike they are on and the black anodize is still lookin great. The thing about painting is it will chip and peel where you scratch it. The anodized is like a staining, it will not spread into chips or peel when gouged.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I got a good deal. Under $500 for a full anodized set to the door.

·
Registered
63 Posts
anybody use moose racing skid plates just ordered a clearanced set for mine for 150 for the front, body, and, rear on amazon. didnt figure i could go wrong for 150 bucks but what do you guys think about them

1 - 20 of 25 Posts