Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A small group of us will be riding the Jackson county trials this Friday. if you want to meet up and ride with just let me know. I can send you more details.:aniwheeler6:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'll be up there! We are starting in Millston, to Pray, to BRF and back to Millston. Group of probably 8. Be only 2 or 3 Can-Am's though. 'Tis the start of the season!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Is the area still so small, or have they made it larger? Friends live close by and say its really small and they never go back. Just curious.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no idea. it sure looks like there is plenty of trails. This will be my first time on the trails. I will keep you posted on what I think of them. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's actually a pretty big area. A guy can rack up 150 miles a day if one chooses to. Been going up there for 5 years now and keep going back. Great businesses/bar stops. Holiday weekends there can be a ton of traffic. Just make sure you are registered in Wisconsin with 2 stickers and a license plate or if registered out of state to have a trail permit. I have been checked a few times before. I'm sure with this being opening weekend the DNR will be out. Great area. A lot of fun! Big miles if you like.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
So one could rack up 150 miles and not be on same trails doubling back or doing repeat trails? Just curious.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So one could rack up 150 miles and not be on same trails doubling back or doing repeat trails? Just curious.
You will definitely end up doing repeats no matter which direction you go. But taking the loops around the area between Millston and say Rock Dam will rack up the miles without repeating too much. You can take the same trail between those 2 destinations if you like which really isn't all that bad. From Millston to Hatfield is a lot of sand riding. From Hatfield north is gravel/hard packed gravel trails.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Ah I see. I'm use to my local riding areas I guess. We have a few hundred miles of trails in our county alone. I'll stick to my local stuff!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ah I see. I'm use to my local riding areas I guess. We have a few hundred miles of trails in our county alone. I'll stick to my local stuff!
What county you in?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good trails pretty sandy around Black River but it should be wet enough. Hafta make your way up to Rock Dam my favorite area to ride. Although we never went to Pray. Have fun! We had planned on going this weekend but now are not able to make it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts