Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
After this:
All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Off-roading Mud Soil

And this:
All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Soil Off-road racing Geological phenomenon

I have two problems: First one is my winch does a clicking sound but does not move in or out at all... it was full with mud but even after cleaning it and checking the fuse (was OK) still does nothing but click. Does this clicking mean I have power to it or that something tries to work or it is nothing? What would be the best move after this: get it to dealer, take it apart and clean it inside, or just replace it? side question, is there a way to get the rope inside when it is not working, kind of don't want it to scratch my bars and plastics?

Second problem is that my right light went out...the bulb and the connectors to it are fine, and the fuse is also fine...

Was wondering if there might be something connected to both problems, like a hidden fuse or a loose (inside connection that I cannot see)?
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dumb question but is the drum release handle in correct position? It doesn't move much so it's hard to tale just by looking at it?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'd bring it to dealership. It should be covered under warranty. If not fix it yourself because dealership will rape you on labor.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Winch Issue

If you hear a clicking sound it's likely that the switch is working

I had a similar issue issue. Winch would go out 100% of the time but about 50% of the time would not come in. just a click-click-click. Hit out again for a second and then it would come in. Determined it was the contacror (solenoid) for the Winch. Finally had enough of it and ordered the KFI Products ATV-CONT Replacement Winch Contactor off amazon.ca. Perfect match for factory unit and bolted right up on my 2012 Max Limited. Leads coming from rocker switch are reversed (the colors are) but that hooked up as is as well. Haven't had a problem since.

You could test the winch itself by running leads off a 12 volt battery direct to the winch electrical contact points. Put the leads one way and the winch will go in. Reverse the wires and it should go out. If that works, I'd bet it's your contactor ...

Good luck :tools1:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts