Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at upgrading wheels and tires on my 2013 outty 800xt. I really like sti HD3's but I am only finding them in 7" wide not the 6'' front and 8" rear combo like I want. I do not want to put the same width tires all the way around I want to keep the skinnier fronts and wider rear set up. What should I do? And no I am not putting different width tires on same width wheels as the heights will be different front and rear. I made this mistake once. My buddy has HD2's in the same width front and rear and it looks goofy the way it is. It looks like I may be forced to get itp ss212.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And what else is out there for 12x6 and 12x8???

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nobody?

·
Registered
339 Posts
All 12" wheels are 7 wide to my knowledge, 14's come in the 6" fronts and 8" rears. I might be wrong but I just finished wheel shopping a month ago and that's what I was noticing

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Just ordered a set of no limits wheels in 12x6 all around for a new project. I run 14" STI beadlocks on my Max and they are 7" all around, I run s/w front to rear and they are fine.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to stay 12". Maybe they dont make 12" in different widths. Only reason I dont want same width wheels and different width tires is because it makes the height different. It may not sound like much but i put 28x9x14 and 28x11x14 on 14x7 wheels on my polaris and after checking the height they were a hair over 3/4'' difference between the two!!! That cant be good on drivetrain. I had to run 11psi in the front and 4psi in the rear to make them the same height. I would rather not do that again but..... Its looking like i may have to. And im not sure I want to do a skinny all around or wide all around set up. I am looking at 28" mega mayhems again. I had them on my polaris and I liked them. And I want to go with aftermarket wheels so the tires dont rub. With my stock wheels right now and 1" spacers my 27" zillas they rub comming down from a wheelie.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts