Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Can-Am Renegade 570
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to be making this post, but on Saturday I rolled my renegade… it was on the left side so that air box was filled with oil, the adjustment screw on my headlights pierced the radiator, I think the steering stem and bars are bent and I have some cracked plastics… I’m not sure where to start and what to do at this point. I’m just really pissed at myself…. On the bright side I’m not writing this from the hospital and I only have some bruising…

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,570 Posts
Craaaaaapp, sucks to read that, but glad you're alright.

I’m not sure where to start and what to do at this point
I mean, what's the hesitance? Replace/repair the radiator, Cecco steering stem brace/new bars, plastic welding, perhaps?

Fix it back up, is the intent, yeah? Did you have insurance on it, and were contemplating a claim?

·
Registered
2020 Can-Am Renegade 570
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I mean, what's the hesitance? Replace/repair the radiator, Cecco steering stem brace/new bars, plastic welding, perhaps?

Fix it back up, is the intent, yeah? Did you have insurance on it, and were contemplating a claim?
I’m looking into an insurance claim right now, I just have to price everything out and see if it is worth it to put in a claim or do it my self… from what I am seeing a radiator alone is $400.

·
Registered
2020 Can-Am Renegade 570
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

And on that steering stem brace, even if it is bent already that would work?

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,570 Posts
And on that steering stem brace, even if it is bent already that would work?
I've got no firsthand knowledge, but I've read guys that were able to "massage" bent stems back straight when installing it.

I guess of course, pending how badly yours is damaged

Reactions: Hornet570

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,570 Posts

Reactions: Hornet570

·
Super Moderator
1,878 Posts
You may be able to have the radiator welded or sometimes you can find used ones for cheap.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Can-Am Renegade 570
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just found out that my deductible is only $250 so for the cost is doesn’t make a ton of sense for me to fix it myself, but it definitely is a learning opportunity and I know know what I need to reinforce and some of the things I need to add on. While I am at it I might as well change the bars so what would y’all recommend?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Outlander Max XT 650
1,977 Posts
The cheapest OEM parts you will find online are on Partzilla and RockyMountainATV. Good luck and glad you're ok.

·
Registered
2017 Can-Am Outlander 570 Pro
411 Posts
Shit happens, i know it sucks. glad you broke only the plastics and not yourself ....

·
Registered
2020 Can-Am Renegade 570
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Taking it into my dealership on the 8th so they can look at it on the 11th and get an estimate for my insurance and get parts ordered. I’m going to have them order me some xxc bars to replace the stock bars. Hopefully everything comes in fast so I can ride by first snow…

·
Registered
2017 Can-Am Outlander 570 Pro
411 Posts
Taking it into my dealership on the 8th so they can look at it on the 11th and get an estimate for my insurance and get parts ordered. I’m going to have them order me some xxc bars to replace the stock bars. Hopefully everything comes in fast so I can ride by first snow…
Just do not make the same mistake as me, you need new brackets for the xxc bars 😄
Font Parallel Rectangle Number Screenshot

1 - 15 of 15 Posts