Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Just pick up a Outty 400 HO. I am finding that there has been an issue with the rubber seal for the 4x4 switch. It seems to dry rot and tear on the top side, due to UV light most likely. I have seen videos were rotating it and sealing it with RTV sealant has been done. I can not find on the Internet anyone, aftermarket or Can am themselves to have a replacement boot to purchase. People have been saying that the whole throttle assembly has to be bought for a price of around $118.00. This boy does'nt do that, I can think of many other things $118 can go towards. So any suggestions will kindly appreciated. Don't want to get the nasty stuff down into that switch. Shout back at me.

·
Registered
250 Posts
look around online you should be able to find a few places that sell used parts and you can find a whole assembly for pretty cheap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have found no replacement "boot" is available and the entire switch appears to be the only fix-route,.. however I felt compelled to share a fairly simple fix with my Canam Mates - if you're the DIY and maintenance savvy type,... try following the video to turn the boot around 180 degrees even if already cracked, it's not really very hard to perform,... and cut a piece of surgical glove or even a decent balloon to "re-cover/re-skin" over the boot, "loosely" wrap around most of the switch, (holes or space needed for screws), place it back into its housing & re-secure with screws removed. There exists enough gap to accommodate this without stressing the housing, pinching the switch or preventing it from functioning. I used a black balloon and renders it undetectable as well (aesthetically pleasing band-aid) - apply Di-grease as suggested in the video & this re-seals the switch for a quickie preventative fix without the huge expense until the switch needs actual replacement :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts