Can-Am ATV Forum banner

S x S purchase

3414 Views 12 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  outlandish
I am thinking about trading my renegade for a SxS. I like the looks of the RZR but don't know much about any of the models. Would like feed back on likes/dislikes.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
12,133 Posts
I have ridden them all to this point.....

And the RZR is the best up to this time...

BRP will be coming out with a Beast soon...so I would wait for it....JMO

· Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am refinancing my house now so BRP has about another month to bring it on. If not, I will have done my homework and hopefully purchased the best one out there. My wife is half scared to ride an atv so a SxS will be the answer.

· Premium Member
12,133 Posts
I see Russell....If you decide to get the RZR, I wonder if they will be putting the 850 motor in it next...That would be great for that machine...

· Premium Member
19,723 Posts
Yes the RZR is by far the most fun. There is always going to be something better to wait for. I figure buy what ya want when ya want it. I got tired of waiting for BRP and finally bought the RZR. BRP should announce in about a month so I would hang in there that long....but as far as the fun factor, right now its RZR. They ride decent, climb great and handle OK. Top speed about 58-60 stock

· Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. My dealer (uh oh another rumor) advised that the dealer/rep meeting is this month and the Can-am S X S will be available in June 09. Gues we will see.

· Registered
21 Posts
We just got back from Windrock in Oak Ridge TN. We rode thurs, Fri, and Sat. with a razor S. I would highly reccomend the S version of the razor. It sits a little higher and rode over the rocks very good. I believe the computer is a little hotter in it over the regular S. The hills that were a little difficult on the 4 wheelers were no problem at all for it. Check it out before buying a stock one. I don't think anything else compares to it right now. Acceleration and throttle response is very good on it. I think they are around $12000. good luck.

· Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Amp, Do they hill climb better because they are just better at it or because the fear factor is lower? The RZR S is at the top of my list as of now.

· Premium Member
12,133 Posts
I have seen the S in person and it is a very impressive machine....sets wider and higher...I would like to see them put the 850 motor in it though.....

· Registered
790 Posts
The Razor may be a good machine, but here in our area no one rides them because in our bush trails, it hard getting a quad through there, I can not amagine what it would be like with one of those SxS. The SxS are used on farms and such, seem to work well there.

· Premium Member
19,723 Posts
The standard RZR is only 50" wide where some other SxS's including the "S" model are 60" and wider.

My Renegade was wider than my stock RZR with aftermarket rims/tires on it. Now my RZR is about 54" with ITP rims and 28" MST's

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.