Can-Am ATV Forum banner

Safety Recall Campaign on 2013 Can-Am Commander Side by Side vehicles with DPS.

3037 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Hobbit
Hi everyone,

A safety recall campaign on 2013 Can-Am Commander Side by Side vehicles with DPS is being performed by BRP. On these models, the steering coupling splines may strip on the rack and pinion. All 2013 Can-Am Commanders equipped with dynamic power steering are subject to this recall and owners will soon receive a letter with more information.

We're currently in the validation phase for a solution to this issue. We expect the parts for the fix to be available soon. This update will be performed free of charge to the owner.

BRP recommends that you avoid using your vehicle until the repair is performed. If you must use your vehicle in the meantime, you can contact your authorized Can-Am side-by-side dealer beginning the week of April 24th, 2016 to schedule a test of your vehicle’s steering system. Once that diagnostic is complete, your dealer will provide you with additional instructions and precautions on using your vehicle until the update is performed.

If you have any questions, please ask them here and we'll do our best to respond.

Thanks,

BRPCare
See less
Hi everyone,

A safety recall campaign on 2013 Can-Am Commander Side by Side vehicles with DPS is being performed by BRP. On these models, the steering coupling splines may strip on the rack and pinion. All 2013 Can-Am Commanders equipped with dynamic power steering are subject to this recall and owners will soon receive a letter with more information.

We're currently in the validation phase for a solution to this issue. We expect the parts for the fix to be available soon. This update...
See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Been 3 months and my brother, who owns this model, has been told there is no fix as of yet. Any idea when a fix is going to actually be implemented?

· Registered
33 Posts
Been 3 months and my brother, who owns this model, has been told there is no fix as of yet. Any idea when a fix is going to actually be implemented?
Sorry for bringing this back up , but how long did he wait , and did can am help at all . , cheers
I haven't spoken to him about it in quite a while. If I can remember I'll ask him next time I chat w/ him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.