Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed a stealth snorkel which quides the cvt intake and filter intake in the same place the steering weel hood... i have read a few posts that dont recomend both intakes to be close to each other ( mine are somehow 10cm apart ) in tight places as the cvt intake will
effect the flow in the filter intake.... is this true or myth ?

B. To get a bit more paranoid, where do you place the cvt exaust in a stealth snorkle ? I will hate to blow all that heat coming from cvt back int the engine air filter. ...

Manos

·
Lifetime Member / Experienced Builder
6,533 Posts
its the exhaust you gotta worry about. i've seen guys run their CVT intake into their air box so they only have one air intake snorkel coming off it. if you route the exhaust near the intakes, then you'll be sucking hot air into the motor and recirculating it into the CVT, which will cause premature belt problems.

·
Registered
459 Posts
what I did with mine is just run the exhaust snorkel up to the same place as the intakes but I pointed it down in between the rad overflow and the brake fluid fill container...Ill try to take a picture and show you what it looks like...

The intakes are ok together...if you look at the way they are from factory they are almost side by side...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Here are some pics...

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
What are them little french ticklers there?

·
Lifetime Member / Experienced Builder
6,533 Posts
they look kind of like headlight strobes.

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
look like two toggle switches with plastic covers over them

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
I'm not an expert on snorkeling, but I do know the following facts
The exhaust on an Outlander/Renegade gets damned hot. (I have had mine coated)
2 the airflow across the engine is nonexistant at slow speeds
3 the CVT exhaust is also really really hot.

So why would you bring that hot CVT exhaust back up to the front and inside?
That would add to the already problematic heat dissipation.
I would think it important to vent the CVT exhaust outside or vent it toward the back next to the exhaust.
Just a thought :smilietwocents:

·
Registered
459 Posts
the 2 french tickler things are the switches for my hand and thumb warmers...my pod where the gauge is, is flipped around sitting across my handle bars...haha...

and yes the CVT exhaust does get hot but not that bad where it causes problems...I was out last weekend riding for a whole day and my fan did not come on one time...and yes it works haha...

also if you have it at the back it is not high enough and also when going through deep water you do water wheelies...so your back end is always under water...its fine if your on the throttle the whole time but if you go sideways and have to let off your CVT will most likely fill up with water...so either have it up front like I have or out through the pod on top...IMO anyway...

what have others done with their CVT exhaust while snorkling it??

·
Registered
204 Posts
ported the airbox, so it's not competing with the cvt intake.

cvt seems to run cooler than stock (w/ 2" snorkels). had to (temporarily) block 1/3 of one of the ports on the airbox - it ran a tiny bit lean. will open it back up once i get a fuel controller, probably will add another port or two.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I myself will be getting an EHS lid here soon....then like Stang I will not have to have the air intake and the CVT in the same spot...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts